Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Art

Angie drew some stuff or something whatever

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

World's most Canadian squid

• 130 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

oh, hah, I drew another thing

Spoiler

#22 Davroth

Davroth

Despot

• Administrator
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGermanland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

I was thinking of doing that a couple days ago, actually. I have no idea why I didn't think to do it while I was making these, since it seems like the obvious thing to do. while I was making them, I played with the opacity for a good half hour instead XD

Dooooo iiiiiiit!!

#23 Stormy Britches

Stormy Britches

Foal

• 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

Beautimous stuff, Angie!! :)

#24 weesh

weesh

Green Rat Bunny Thing

• 533 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I like the new shields.  They have character.  

#25 GingerMint

GingerMint

Foal

• 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

hi hi

I'm digging the surreal, wavy flow of these pictures.  They've got a balance to them that feels real nice. :)

#26 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

yooooo peoples, I have been doing more arts. Next week is the last week of school before exams, and I still have one more art project to finish! <:I so I have been drawing every day from when I get home to when I go to bed to get one last project that doesn't suck done.

So what I decided to make is a set of drawings that are each limited to five colours, then I plan to print them out and bind them together in a handmade book thing. I found a random colour pallet generator online, and I use one of the selections that it gives me. I decided to also throw in white as an extra colour I can use when I see fit because I do what I want.

These are the two I've done already:

Spoiler
Spoiler

I was hoping to get six-eight done, but I might have to cut it down to five depending on if I have time to finish all of them.

Also holy poop on a stick, I love drawing baggy clothes.

#27 weesh

weesh

Green Rat Bunny Thing

• 533 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Nice!

School goes pretty late for you guys.

#28 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

yeah it does, but apparently it starts a few weeks later than it does in most of the states, so I guess it's even.

#29 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

the third one in the set. I'm not entirely sure where I was going with it. and by not entirely sure, I mean I had no idea whatsoever and I just drew whatever I felt like drawing.

Spoiler

#30 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

ehee, double post because I finished two drawings a few hours appart. I didn't post this one right away incase I could get away with being able to not double post it. this one isn't as weird as the last one.

Spoiler

also more baggy clothes

#31 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

I'm sure someone already may have asked you this...but what program do you use? 

Also, I'm totally jelly of your smooth, crisp lines. I have sketchitis. Can't not sketch. XD

#32 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

I used to use an assortment of programs. Anime Studio, Manga Studio, Corel Painter, Illustrator (I only have this at school) and Photoshop are all the programs I use, but as of late, I've only been using photoshop. Also, I have no idea how some people manage to have sketchy art that looks nice. Even my sketches have smooth lines XD

also while I'm here, the last of the set:

Spoiler

by the time I got to this one, I was pretty fed up with drawing. my back and arms are crazy sore right now. I'm gonna need a break from drawing for a few days XD

I also printed everything out and bound it into the book which is all done now. I made these patterns to go on the back of the printouts so that I don't have any ugly blank white sheets

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#33 Jane

Jane

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

Wow, you are talented! I think the finished product is going to be completely awesome!

#34 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

I used to use an assortment of programs. Anime Studio, Manga Studio, Corel Painter, Illustrator (I only have this at school) and Photoshop are all the programs I use, but as of late, I've only been using photoshop. Also, I have no idea how some people manage to have sketchy art that looks nice. Even my sketches have smooth lines XD

See, that seems to be the case with most artists. I have those....um...like DaVinci hands. If you ever look at DaVinci sketches, his lines go all everywhere and there's extra around the actual lineart, etc. *shrug* Just...natural to me. For me to draw a smooth line I have to like concentrate and it takes me like hours... DX

Also, first person in a long while who's on PS not .SAI

#35 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

See, that seems to be the case with most artists. I have those....um...like DaVinci hands. If you ever look at DaVinci sketches, his lines go all everywhere and there's extra around the actual lineart, etc. *shrug* Just...natural to me. For me to draw a smooth line I have to like concentrate and it takes me like hours... DX

Also, first person in a long while who's on PS not .SAI

I have that too. XD

I just tend to erase them, and put in a solid line afterwards.

#36 GingerMint

GingerMint

Foal

• 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

hi hi

For sketchy art, I recommend a couple of things.  Turn down the opacity just a little bit, or make it variable with pen pressure.  (but not too much.)  Also, sometimes dual brush or texture brush can mimic the sketchy look of paper if you are subtle with it.  Also, if you sketch things messily, you can go over it with a very faint eraser (5% or something) a bunch, and then draw on top of it with the next, slightly less sketchy lines, which can mimic using a real eraser.

#37 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

hi hi

For sketchy art, I recommend a couple of things.  Turn down the opacity just a little bit, or make it variable with pen pressure.  (but not too much.)  Also, sometimes dual brush or texture brush can mimic the sketchy look of paper if you are subtle with it.  Also, if you sketch things messily, you can go over it with a very faint eraser (5% or something) a bunch, and then draw on top of it with the next, slightly less sketchy lines, which can mimic using a real eraser.

Yeah, I've messed with opacity, pressure, everything. I can't control it. I think it's just......blaaaahh hands. Even when I sketch my idea first and then try to line over it, I end up with sketch lines. If I'm super serious about straight lines, I'll just use the 'vector' type system in .SAI. *shrug*

#38 Ancre

Ancre

Parasprite

• 3 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi ! It's nice to see you again ! And you did improve over the time. 

It's also real fun to open these patterns and to scroll down. It gets all kaleidoscopic. 

#39 Angie Cakes

Angie Cakes

• 130 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

yooo, I haven't been around in foreveskies because of college. I've barely had a chance to do any personal artwork at all for the past three months because I've been too busy doing artwork for class. I have had a chance to dabble in some glitch art though.

ScreenShot2013-11-24at95241PM.png

ScreenShot2013-11-24at95230PM.png

ScreenShot2013-11-24at95221PM.png

ScreenShot2013-11-24at95245PM.png

(click to enlarge the third one. it has really nice colours)

I don't actually know what I'm doing, I just go through the txt file and delete stuff at random. what I have found is that pictures with hard lines and bright colours yield the most interesting effects, so this rainbow pony I drew worked really well. unfortunately the images can't be opened in photoshop or uploaded to the internet after I mess with them, so the best I can do is take screenshots of them in preview mode on my browser.

#40 weesh

weesh

Green Rat Bunny Thing

• 533 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

I don't actually know what I'm doing, I just go through the txt file and delete stuff at random. 

LOL!

very interesting, and love that third one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users