Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

S4-E24 Discussion: Equestria Games

S4 Season 4 Equestria Games Spike Mane 6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fawkes

Fawkes

Draconequus

• 65 posts
  • LocationThe Top of the Tallest Tower

Donator

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

8aaea3de-443e-4782-90e7-7ba3d7ba4e77_zps

"Spike gets to light the opening torch of the Equestria Games, but his excitement soon turns to nerves. Spike then sets out to prove that he's still heroic."

Episode 24 discussion is open, ponies! The episode premieres on The Hub at 10:30am EST, today, May 3rd! Anypony who might not happen to have The Hub can still catch all the colorful, pony goodness by checkin' out one of the livestreams listed on Equestria Daily!

As always, spoilers are welcome and to be expected!

#2 Noedig

Noedig

Pony

• 102 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

Spike is finally recognized for his heroic deed from the past!

5 papayas out of 6.

#3 weesh

weesh

Green Rat Bunny Thing

• 533 posts
  • LocationFort Worth Texas

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:59 PM

Spike: "You know, it's kinda weird. No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside. Sometimes to feel good about yourself, you gotta let go of the past."

What exactly does that mean?  

It feels wrong...but almost right.

I'm hoping the final lesson redeems this episode for me, but I don't really get it.  

I used to be haunted by my past.  But the things that got me over it was forgiving the people who wronged me, and realizing that I had value without needing to prove it to others.  Spike's moral almost sounds like that, except confusing. 

#4 Noedig

Noedig

Pony

• 102 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:13 AM

Spike: "You know, it's kinda weird. No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside. Sometimes to feel good about yourself, you gotta let go of the past."

What exactly does that mean?  

It feels wrong...but almost right.

I'm hoping the final lesson redeems this episode for me, but I don't really get it.  

I used to be haunted by my past.  But the things that got me over it was forgiving the people who wronged me, and realizing that I had value without needing to prove it to others.  Spike's moral almost sounds like that, except confusing. 

I think it means to not hold grudge and/or to obsess over something you remember, did do, and/or going to do.

But only sometimes it can be better that way, like he said.

I think he praised himself too much of pride when he said he'd be honored to set fire on the torch... then got a stage fright which probably stopped him from making any fire.

The things you did do, like something horribly wrong, which could be a reminder to yourself to not do it again could be the best thing to keep, whether it be because of the consequences or a conscience.

I could be wrong, though. lol

#5 LostSanity

LostSanity

Oatmeal, are you LostSanity?!

• Roleplayer
  • 386 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

There's nothing to say about this episode.

Because it was ANOTHER VERY AMAZING episode.

:D

Time to prepare for the Season Finale I guess...

*prepares to take on entire board Persona style*

:cool:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S4, Season 4, Equestria Games, Spike, Mane 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users