Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

Pester Cobs With Endless Questions!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:15 AM

I can't recount exactly how long, but... As a teen?

Too long. D:

There are some experiences that offer no clemency to the psyche, my friend. :harsh:

That being said, I swap out my underclothing frequently now, at adulthood.

Except socks. Unless I go hiking, they're usually covered up and masked with other prominent smells around me, so I could care less if they fester for several days normally. :wat:

I do the sniff tests personally. I try to replace undies every morning when i have a shower but sometimes it's just...eh...I don't wanna do laundry...

So I get conservative. 

Which leads me into a shameful self-plug: are the undie lyrics here (muh latesty song eyyyy) tasteful/good/relateable? Songwriting is fun but I dunno if it's ever good. It sure helps me feel better.

There's a big drop-off in the avenue
My socks are already soaked from the holes in my shoes
and i know if I don't buy a new pair
then I'm gonna spend two days in this underwear
and I'm only gonna clean next full moon

which makes me also wonder, do you do anything creative to help you feel better/reach catharsis with dumb stuff in life? I might've already asked...

#42 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR, United States

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

I do the sniff tests personally. I try to replace undies every morning when i have a shower but sometimes it's just...eh...I don't wanna do laundry...

So I get conservative. 

Which leads me into a shameful self-plug: are the undie lyrics here (muh latesty song eyyyy) tasteful/good/relateable? Songwriting is fun but I dunno if it's ever good. It sure helps me feel better.

There's a big drop-off in the avenue
My socks are already soaked from the holes in my shoes
and i know if I don't buy a new pair
then I'm gonna spend two days in this underwear
and I'm only gonna clean next full moon

which makes me also wonder, do you do anything creative to help you feel better/reach catharsis with dumb stuff in life? I might've already asked...

You know, there's a guy here in Portland who strolls all through the city at 5:00 am with a BOOMINGLY loud boombox. Wish he'd play some more tasteful music like that once in a while as I'm heading to early shift at my bakery job...

As for catharsis... Oh, geez. For me, that's a difficult one. In my case, I guess I expend a lot of stress that would go towards other people in the form of exercise, running around at my jobs all day long. I'm also (usually) one of those optimistic chump-bags, and have recently taken to trying to train myself to look for positive points about people once I seem to have a problem. That tends to turn a lot of my problems into blank, distant reason, boring as I know that can be. :P

Actually, distancing myself for a spell until I calm down can help too - take a walk, or shower or something... I mean, that's not so much catharsis as it is just simmering down, but I guess I find it to be a little better of an alternative to bottling stuff up (which, make no mistake, I do a LOT anyway).

If you're the outdoorsy type or someone who just appreciates nature, hiking/backpacking might be a good thing if you're looking for a routine activity. 8D

That being said, when I can't get a logical/reasonable grip on my emotions, it usually isn't pretty. Having a loud mind to begin with as your standard suddenly turning into a thousand faceless voices shouting and you and eachother isn't a fun experience... :wat:

Thankfully that's rarer still.

EDIT: People wouldn't think it from looking at me and how light I am, but delicious food can often seem to curb crumby moods in my case too. :D

#43 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

You know, there's a guy here in Portland who strolls all through the city at 5:00 am with a BOOMINGLY loud boombox. Wish he'd play some more tasteful music like that once in a while as I'm heading to early shift at my bakery job...

As for catharsis... Oh, geez. For me, that's a difficult one. In my case, I guess I expend a lot of stress that would go towards other people in the form of exercise, running around at my jobs all day long. I'm also (usually) one of those optimistic chump-bags, and have recently taken to trying to train myself to look for positive points about people once I seem to have a problem. That tends to turn a lot of my problems into blank, distant reason, boring as I know that can be. :P

Actually, distancing myself for a spell until I calm down can help too - take a walk, or shower or something... I mean, that's not so much catharsis as it is just simmering down, but I guess I find it to be a little better of an alternative to bottling stuff up (which, make no mistake, I do a LOT anyway).

If you're the outdoorsy type or someone who just appreciates nature, hiking/backpacking might be a good thing if you're looking for a routine activity. 8D

That being said, when I can't get a logical/reasonable grip on my emotions, it usually isn't pretty. Having a loud mind to begin with as your standard suddenly turning into a thousand faceless voices shouting and you and eachother isn't a fun experience... :wat:

Thankfully that's rarer still.

EDIT: People wouldn't think it from looking at me and how light I am, but delicious food can often seem to curb crumby moods in my case too. :D

that's kinda baller. I hope to someday meet someone like that, before in five years that person becomes me. 

I think it's good to try to be optimistic. It takes effort, but it really really helps one's emotional state, and helps one stay strong and keep on chooglin'. Hiking sounds like it'd be fun, and I did something when I was back in rural-as-buck land, but now that I'm in muh dorm room I don't really have many places to walk to. 

do you/did you play any instruments? Have you ever considered learning?

#44 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

that's kinda baller. I hope to someday meet someone like that, before in five years that person becomes me. 

I think it's good to try to be optimistic. It takes effort, but it really really helps one's emotional state, and helps one stay strong and keep on chooglin'. Hiking sounds like it'd be fun, and I did something when I was back in rural-as-buck land, but now that I'm in muh dorm room I don't really have many places to walk to. 

do you/did you play any instruments? Have you ever considered learning?

I do not, sadly. :(

I have entertained the idea here and there, but never quite kicked myself up to go and learn. I'd probably aim to play the violin, if anything. I can appreciate it's shrill stringy sounds, and I seem to have a good body build for it. Besides that, well, there's always piano for my long-reaching and dexterous fingers.

599px-Aye-Aye_Daubentonia_madagascariens

You know, those long, spindly fingers that ladies love... <3

... Because I also have very femininely-arched finger nail beds. I mean, what else would I have been talking about just now? :youmadbroo:

That's an image of an aye-aye's hand, if you're worried...

#45 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:51 AM

I do not, sadly. :(

I have entertained the idea here and there, but never quite kicked myself up to go and learn. I'd probably aim to play the violin, if anything. I can appreciate it's shrill stringy sounds, and I seem to have a good body build for it. Besides that, well, there's always piano for my long-reaching and dexterous fingers.

599px-Aye-Aye_Daubentonia_madagascariens

You know, those long, spindly fingers that ladies love... <3

... Because I also have very femininely-arched finger nail beds. I mean, what else would I have been talking about just now? :youmadbroo:

That's an image of an aye-aye's hand, if you're worried...

why do all INTJs have dainty ladyfingers, and feel proud of them, and probably completely and totally own them? It's kind of perfect. 

That's not the question, but you can definitely answer that. My real follow-up question is if you ever had a nightmare, but you actually kinda trounced it? Last night I had a dream that my roommates were all eating supper, and through the window into the livingroom (such a window doesn't exist irl but I digress) a large tarantula (like, as big as the lady roommate) was sneaking up behind her and I was like "holy horseapples get in here!" and she screamed and entered, but didn't close the door and was like "no it shouldn't follow us in here; the candles give off a repelling scent" and I was like "er...you sure?" but sure enough it entered and I kicked the table toward it, sprinted to my room, and closed the door and was like "Ponyfeather...I'm completely safe. There's no way the spider can get in" and I just went on the computer and read erotic fiction until the dream changed to less interesting things

#46 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:20 AM

why do all INTJs have dainty ladyfingers, and feel proud of them, and probably completely and totally own them? It's kind of perfect. 

That's not the question, but you can definitely answer that. My real follow-up question is if you ever had a nightmare, but you actually kinda trounced it? Last night I had a dream that my roommates were all eating supper, and through the window into the livingroom (such a window doesn't exist irl but I digress) a large tarantula (like, as big as the lady roommate) was sneaking up behind her and I was like "holy horseapples get in here!" and she screamed and entered, but didn't close the door and was like "no it shouldn't follow us in here; the candles give off a repelling scent" and I was like "er...you sure?" but sure enough it entered and I kicked the table toward it, sprinted to my room, and closed the door and was like "Ponyfeather...I'm completely safe. There's no way the spider can get in" and I just went on the computer and read erotic fiction until the dream changed to less interesting things

I'm not entirely sure, but feel that it might co-relate to my fondness of spiders and gremlins, as well as not really being attracted to anything with tentacles (competition, you know...).  :sweetiebot: 

I guess if you fancy astrology whatsoever, I'm also a taurus, and it's a stereotype that we be beautiful and fabulous.

So deal with it. :wat:

Actually my skin is thin from being so introverted (that's a real co-relation for most!), and you can see all my veins quite readily. I'm like a walking Halloween decoration. :unikitty:

Huh, as for the dream... Pretty sure I have, but the only one that is coming to mind is a dream I had as a kid where I was having this duel of sorts with some mastiff-sized black dog/wolf in my grandparent's cul-de-sac. It would run at my from the other end of the circle, I'd do a bad-flank roll to the side, it would charge back around to the other side again for another go where this time it'd catch my arm as I tried to dodge...

And that's where the dream cut out and I woke up I guess. :huh:

I wonder if it might have to do with a mild case of lupophobia, more noticeable as a kid than as an adult. I've always been extra jumpy around large dogs and wolves/werewolves in movies. I blame The Never Ending Story.

Seriously, the friendly pony sunk into the bottom of a tar pit/bog struggling all the way as the kid stood there crying for it and later just gets attacked by that terrifying wolf puppet in a borderline jumpscare scene. Yeah, that's probably it, why I'm here with the brony crowd. I'm really just trying to re-live my childhood that sunk to the bottom of a swamp. :sadbloom:

I also might have been touched with a fringe case of thalassophobia, and I'm pretty willing to bet I've had nightmares about sea creatures my memory has blocked out by now.

Though that doesn't explain the dream with the 3 story tall wendigo staring back at me from a snowy parking lot as I look out a window. The soundless shriek it made in that dream was not pleasant..

I wonder if that last one has to do with all the jokes I now crack about cannibalism in real life? :chrysalis:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users