Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

The Quill of answers~

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationIn the stories I've made

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

"The Quill of answers" gives its bearer:

+10 intelligence

+2 humor

+10 in chosen area

+20% cooler

+50% written charm

-30 self esteem

-70 willpower

While equipped "The Quill of answer" may give its bearer answer to any written question. It might cause the bearer's hand to itch after prolonged use, be wary.

Well, jokes aside, I am not an enchanted tool but I will answer your questions about anything you may want to know. Ask away!  :cool:

#2 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

Do you have faith that the app I submitted to knight for Fluttershy will get accepted?

#3 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

I haven't seen it but you're skilled with written texts from what I've snapped up from you and I have also noticed that knight is quite forgiving in her judgement so I have plenty faith in you! :)

I would have made an application for her as well if I wasn't afraid that I wouldn't have time to post with her.

#4 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

Thanks; I really worked a ton on it and I implemented every single ounce of knowledge and dedication to Flootershy as I possibly could and came up with what is undeniably the authentic representation of her in every way shape or form regarding the universe we live in and fictionally create with our minds when we enter trains of thought that make us cry given existence's infinite wonder and heartache that all boils down to a bunch of meaningless jibber-jabber that when viewed critically shows that life is indeed truly meaningless and any attempt to romanticize it is just our bodies' hormones producing emotions that reward us for living and by living hurting and ruining lives. 

So my question is, how was your day? 

#5 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

My day was good, thank you! I got some tasks completed so I'm quite pleased  8D

#6 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

I didn't end up getting the app for Flutters. What do you think went wrong? 

Spoiler

#7 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

I've now read your app and I think I found the unacceptable issue. In the text you mention how she got aids from a Dr. Pepper. We all know that Dr. Pepper can only give a person eternal joy and if you check with the show you'd see that it wasn't the Dr. Pepper, it was Pepsi. Now if you check some facts you'd notice that about 90 % of the American population who drinks Pepsi has aids. There's even some corrupt shops that constantly tries to ask you "would Pepsi be okay" when they know you actually want cola. Never accept the Pepsi, cola or preferably Dr. Pepper is your healthy choice. Change the Dr. Pepper to Pepsi and I'm sure you'll pass!

#8 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

(It is a joke, folks! Please don't get offended)

#9 NastyMann

NastyMann

Worshipper of Shrek

• 291 posts

Donator

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

I've now read your app and I think I found the unacceptable issue. In the text you mention how she got aids from a Dr. Pepper. We all know that Dr. Pepper can only give a person eternal joy and if you check with the show you'd see that it wasn't the Dr. Pepper, it was Pepsi. Now if you check some facts you'd notice that about 90 % of the American population who drinks Pepsi has aids. There's even some corrupt shops that constantly tries to ask you "would Pepsi be okay" when they know you actually want cola. Never accept the Pepsi, cola or preferably Dr. Pepper is your healthy choice. Change the Dr. Pepper to Pepsi and I'm sure you'll pass!

I love you. 

Does that make you uncomfortable? 

(Dr. Pepper is indeed the greatest soda there is.)

#10 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Not really, no.

I mean, I believe that love is more than a simple attraction towards another person. Love is more like a feeling of connection, devotion and a general wish for the other person to be, feel and perform at their best in order to accomplish themselves. To say that love is simply a physical attraction towards another is to minimize the whole term 'love' to a level of where the simple act of saying "I love you" would be considered an insult since it fundamentally means that the person would be implying that they view the other person as nothing but a pretty object.

Another thing is that most people view the word 'love' as something very strong that should be used with great care. They prefer the terms 'like' and 'appreciate' to tell the other person when they want to say that they enjoy them and their company. This is connected to what I said before about how people see love as meaning nothing more but physical attraction and they can feel a need to excuse themselves every time they use it. If you think about it; the saying "I love you, man." is often swiftly followed up with "no homo". Now why do we feel like we need to say that? Is it because we think homosexuality is wrong? Perhaps, but that would mean that there has to be some sexual attraction behind the words.

Is it then possible to love without physical attraction? Yes. I can say "I love you sister, I love you Fido and I love you kiddo" without having to add an explanation that I'm not attracted to their bodies. We live in some sort of a Freud community that views our deepest kind of devotion as sexual and I honestly think it's a bit sad.

So yeah, love is about feeling connection, devotion and the desire to put the other person above yourself as well as your own needs and feelings.

TL;DR: No. I love you too ;)

#11 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR, United States

Donator

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

If you had to pick one materialistic natural element to represent and reflect you, what would it be?

Water, gases, wood, metals, rocks, gemstones, etc... :P

#12 Quillhart

Quillhart

An Author of Mention!

• Roleplayer
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Kindness!  8D

Oh, not that kind of element? Gotcha gotcha.

Well, I really had to give this some thought before I came up with a rant but here it is:

I'd say that soil or earth would be the most fitting element to describe me. Firstly, there's many different ingredients that make me to who I am and even though I have some very obvious traits there's also many things that aren't obvious at all, hidden among the sand and gravel. Things that only a very serious research could manage to reveal. I consist of gold as well as granite and my ingredients can be quite the contrast to one another. A lot of ingredients that I'm not proud of.

I tend to place myself below other people and allow them to walk on me in order to bring themselves forward. I can appear cold, ugly and resistant in my most basic state towards people but if I'm allowed to grow a little in their presence I can be very colorful, soft, warm and a reliable friend to relax with. I can provide (crops), entertain (flowers), and support (roads) depending on what is required of me and how I'm treated. While I'm fundamentally consistent, I'm also very adaptable except for a few core values. You could build a mountain with me, you could make sculpture with me but you couldn't turn me into water or put me on fire. You basically couldn't turn me into something I'm not. 

If I notice that you don't feel much else for me than something to stomp upon, I'd simply stiffen and be even more reserved and cold. Though let's say that you poured water on me and tried to make me loosen up for the sake of me to grow, you'd find that your foot would meet no resistance once you stomp at it but with a result that it would leave a visible wound in the otherwise so sturdy earth. A wound that might take a while to heal without water.

Someone that would like to go past the green barricade of softness and really find out what's below the surface would have to dig, and dig deep. For a long time they'd only find the same kind of earth that lays on the surface, they'd get their hands dirty, they'd be sweaty and perhaps feel like their digging is nothing but hard work without profit but then at some point they might stumble upon something in the dirt that is otherwise impossible to see.

And as a final I have to say that earth and I have a similar way to comprehend negative emotions. Then I, of course, mean that old leaves and such is the earth's negative emotions. It often takes some time before we finally decide to get a hold of it and then we take it inside and slowly let it decay over time. We take it in, make it a part of ourselves and then we know it's in there but not exactly where. Then it can, in my case, sometimes resurface and make me sad but I often don't know exactly why I'm sad and couldn't explain it if I was asked about.

See, weren't that deep and cozy?  ^3^

TL:DR: I'm the earth   :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users