Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Video Games

Fire Emblem Awakening

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

So who here has it? Who here loves it? What're your favorite pairings? Your team stats? How incredibly good-looking Chrom is?

This game is awemazingtastic.

#2 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts
  • LocationCanterlot, Equestria

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Want this so much. Hoping to get it and a 3DS to play it next month around my birthday...

Been a big fan of the series since the first one they released over here. They're always great, and from the looks of things Awakening is no exception. :)

#3 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Awakening is what made me an aspiring Emblemer. Awakening has also topped Pokemon Blue in terms of my favorite games. Which is pretty hard to do seeing as how it's been my favorite game since I was seven. You're really gonna enjoy it once you get it!

Now, I wait for a chance to get my hands on Path of Radiance.

#4 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Awakening is what made me an aspiring Emblemer. Awakening has also topped Pokemon Blue in terms of my favorite games. Which is pretty hard to do seeing as how it's been my favorite game since I was seven. You're really gonna enjoy it once you get it!

Now, I wait for a chance to get my hands on Path of Radiance.

Heh. Well, that sets my expectations even higher than they already were. :D

Path of Radiance is an awesome game. As is it's sequel, Radiant Dawn. Actually, all the games released in English are pretty amazing; love the two released for GBA and Shadow Dragon on DS isn't bad either. 

#5 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

I've actually had Shadow Dragon for a while. Never got to finishing it, but I've started on it again. Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn has been in my system before Awakening, and after playing Awakening, I'm even more impatient to get it! Plus, some of the characters (Ike, Titania, etc; ) that some of my friends tell me about really seem to catch my interest.

#6 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

I've actually had Shadow Dragon for a while. Never got to finishing it, but I've started on it again. Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn has been in my system before Awakening, and after playing Awakening, I'm even more impatient to get it! Plus, some of the characters (Ike, Titania, etc; ) that some of my friends tell me about really seem to catch my interest.

Heh. PoR/RD does have a lot of really cool characters. Definitely. I'm sure you'll have fun with it when you do get to playing it. :)

Being a remake of a rather old game, Shadow Dragon is at a sort of disadvantage and is probably the least compelling in the series, so I can understand not finishing it; I still think it can be a rather rewarding game if you stick with it though. :D

#7 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

I actually tried Fire Emblem on the GBA and couldnt bare to play it due to the perma-death feature... when i learned that Awakening had the option to not do that, i tried the demo, and ended up buying it outright. And i really enjoyed it! I like the interactions and the gameplay, and it feels very open in how it can be played.

although i feel that the two higher difficulties are too hard... on the 3rd level one accidental critical hit (which is like, a 3% chance) Can destroy your main character... and if either of the main characters die (Or even get knock out in the casual, non-death mode) you lose... So using your main character against a boss who just happens to get a crit even though you can clearly outpower him in the next move, is a bit annoying...

But even on easy i'm having a good time! Going through the story again now.

#8 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

That's pretty great to hear!

Did you know there's a Lunatic+ difficulty too, after you beat Lunatic AND Hard on Classic? 8O

#9 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah-no... I tried beating hard and i was torn apart by the third level...  i think it's just purely about not being strong enough to take on the enemy... If i could get access to better weapons or extra training, then maybe i could take them on... but seriosuly... it's almost rediculous how powerful the enemy gets at the begining of the game...

#10 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'm pretty new to the franchise, so I haven't yet developed any strategies for beating it. Heck, I didn't get past the second level on Hard. :P

#11 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

i think i just got past 3 or 4 before giving up... But i can try to give you some tips if you'd like =3 only from what i've learned i ngame

#12 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:39 AM

That. Would. Be. Supertastical. :)

*gets out notebook and pen*
or just coming back here while playing works too

#13 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Pfft. You can turn perma-death off now? 8O  

Why would you ever want to do that? Removes so much of the need for real strategy from the game. Bleh. I'm definitely leaving it on.  D:

#14 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Lol, hehehe

Well, for one, get your character and Chrom as leveled up as possible, i think they're the only two chracters who can give you a Game Over, so they need to be able to withstand everything.

relationships are really important, they make it more likely for you to hit enemies, dodge enemies and get extra ttacks on enemies.

Use the Master Seals as soon as your character hits their level cap, they can't get better stats if they arent leveling up. if you can't use a master seal, use the blue seal and find somethign that works well with the stats your character already has.... so dont take a mage and turn the into an archer, won't work out well...

I would avoid using Dragon riders, simply because any archers o nthe feild will kill them in one shot...if you have to, make sure to take down the archers ASAP.

Use the Wifi bonuses  to get more stuff like items, extra fights, and new characters to play with.

in the story, your choices dont change anything really...  It's kinda lame to be honest... so dont bother putting the game away to research which choice is best...

Forgining really does help. if you have money to burn, use it to forge better weapons.  Focus more on power, since it will have a direct affect on all chracter. Hit will increase the chances of hitting an enemy, but usually my hit % was reasonable with all my characters, so i didnt worry about adding more. Crit i wouldnt worry about since it's just a chance that you might get more damage, i'd rather focus on being certain what damage my character will do.

Kill the bosses quickly. most of the big battle will have spawning enemies and will continue after you until the boss is dead...

Use the environment to your advantage. you may be able to get close enough to an enemy to hit them, but if they're powerful, you may want to use the pillars trees or stairs as cover...

i'll post more later

#15 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Pfft. You can turn perma-death off now? 8O  

Why would you ever want to do that? Removes so much of the need for real strategy from the game. Bleh. I'm definitely leaving it on.  D:

Well that's the thing... Crits have nothign to do with strategy... i dont think you can see if an enemy has a crit % and if they do, than that one guy who you could have EASILY kill suddenly get a crit and kill your character you've put so much effort into... It's really annoying.

#16 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

Eh, yeah, sometimes you're just unlucky with the criticals (though you probably should start factoring them into your strategy when they're greater than 8%), which is something that can lead to frustration even when you have a good strategy going otherwise. Personally though, I don't think working through a Fire Emblem game would be near as satisfying to me if I didn't have to attempt each battle several times as I tried to find a perfect working strategy to complete it while losing no one.

#17 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

Eh, yeah, sometimes you're just unlucky with the criticals (though you probably should start factoring them into your strategy when they're greater than 8%), which is something that can lead to frustration even when you have a good strategy going otherwise. Personally though, I don't think working through a Fire Emblem game would be near as satisfying to me if I didn't have to attempt each battle several times as I tried to find a perfect working strategy to complete it while losing no one.

Eh, even so... i had an entire area clear aside from the boss, and he only had a 3% crit rate and he managed to kill Chrom (main guy) and i had my entire team ready t oattack...

#18 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, that sounds like a terribly unlucky break. That kind of thing does happen on rare occasion though. Usually when it did for me in previous Fire Emblem games that's when I'd just put it down for a while.

#19 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

Yeah, that sounds like a terribly unlucky break. That kind of thing does happen on rare occasion though. Usually when it did for me in previous Fire Emblem games that's when I'd just put it down for a while.

Yeah i havent played in a few days... i'm doing another easy run with new character and strategies.... and romances *sexytime music plays*

#20 Phil The Time Wizard

Phil The Time Wizard

Pony

• 121 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Heh. The romances are fun. Was always cool to set up support relationships in the earlier games.  ^3^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users