Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Badlands

Enough Adventure for Ya, Princess? (PM; Attn: knight)

OPEN

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Daring flew down to a small area where she could have a good view. She recognized this place..yes. She had been here before. Only now it had slight changes to it. The guards around the entrance to the underground temple were a new touch and a few stands and statues had been set up here and there. Other than that...this place just brought up painful memories of her failure earlier.

The voice of the Princess scared Daring half to death. She quickly leapt up and almost pounced on the Alicorn but she managed to stop herself just before she did that. She let out a soft sigh as she remembered that she had a plus one this time. 

Celestia mentioned something about using a sleeping spell of some kind. It was strange to hear talk of..using spells on Daring's side seeing as how she was a unicorn. But then again..she had a few magical artifacts that could, no. 

"A sleeping spell?" The adventurer said quietly. Guards were everywhere..and having them asleep would make things much easier. Daring gave a blank stare to Celestia and was about to suggest a method that was more suited to her style, but she quickly remembered just who she was talking to. She blinked a few times and looked back towards the old ruins. "I think a sleeping spell would work? Can you hit all of them though?" 

#22 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Celestia gave a crooked half smile to the mare as she was asked if she would be able to get all of them, "You underestimate me."

She shut her eyes and tilted her horn towards the ruins, an ebbing magic spreading from her horn like a fog, blanketing the ruins, sinking into its cracks. With a clatter, the guards posted outside of the entrance toppled over, their weapons dropping noisily to the ground. Celestia opened her eyes again, slowly, "Any regular ponies should be in a very deep sleep...though...I sense there are some in the runis who will not be so easily brought down."

Celestia turned to Daring Do and nodded her head forward, "Shall we?"

#23 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Daring laughed softly as Celestia worked her magic and put the guards to sleep. This would have been a lot more difficult without the alcorn, and a lot more painful perhaps. 

So Daring got up from her spot and nodded to Celestia. "Sorry I doubted you." She said firmly before quickly making her way to the entrance of the ruins.

She made her way up the small steps and then stopped at the big stone entrance to the ruins. A few torches were on the wall next to the open door but other than that the straight stairway descent down was pitch black. Daring grabbed a torch in one of her hooves and set a hoof on the first part of the stairs. She waved the torch a bit and figured there was nothing to worry about. So with Celestia right behind her Daring stepped on the other stair, but she stepped on the wrong part and an audible click was heard as Daring felt her hoof sink.

Immediately the stairs shifted and turned from solid stairs to a sort of slide down. Daring lost her balance and tried to reach out to grab something to stop her from sliding. The thing she grabbed was one of Celestia's front hooves on accident, and since they were both now on the slide the two started to slide down.

Daring lost her torch during the sliding.

But after what felt like forever the two reached the end of the slide and fell a few feet down onto a  large sandy pit.

The room they were in was large and circular, but it was closed off. The door behind them where they fell quickly closed. The only light in the room was coming from a few torches that lined the walls.

Daring let out a few coughs and got some sand off of her clothes as she stood up. She looked to Celestia. "Sorry about that, Princess. Gah..I can't believe I let myself fall for a trap so early on. You alright?" 

#24 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Celestia would have lit her horn to guide their path, but Daring had already grabbed a torch before she was given the opportunity. She did not comment, and silently she followed behind Daring Do , tilting and turning her head to look around at the walls and the ruins carved into them. It would have been an incredible place to explore--simply from an archaeological aspect, of course--but it saddened her that it had turned into the lair of an evil doer.

She was about to direct Ms. Do's attention to a particularily interesting ruin carving, when suddenly the stairs beneath her feet shifted, and she felt something latch onto her foreleg. She, despite herself, let loose a short yelp as they descended at a rapid pace down the slippery slope that had once been a steep staircase. At first, she had felt the urge to scream, but the butterflies that found their way into her tummy got rid of that, and by the time they hit the bottom, despite tumbling away from the slide, she was giggling.

She turned to Daring and smiled, biting her lip to stop herself, "Sorry! Don't be angry! That was fun! Ha ha!"

She giggled again, then, still smiling, rolled to her feet and walked over to Daring Do, "Hm hm hm....my apologies. I shouldn't be laughing at a time like this."

Seeing as the torch was knocked onto the ground and was practically just a couple of embers slowly fading, she lit up her horn to light up the round room they were in, better than the distant and unmanned torches, "Well...which way shall we go?"

#25 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Daring cocked an eyebrow as she listened to what Celestia had to say. She thought that was fun? Neither of them were hurt..so that was good but Daring wouldn't have considered that to be fun. Running away from a giant beast in a narrow hallway with arrows flying at your face..now that is fun!

Celestia then went to assert herself to be the torchbearer as Daring's light seemingly died out of nowhere. Which was so weird to her...because it had seemed to strong. Oh well.

She was still head of this operation and she knew it. Daring looked to her left and right and noticed there were doors all around. Most of them had to lead to the same place, just some would be detours most likely. 

So after a few seconds of careful consideration Daring pointed towards the door to the far left. "We go this way." She shuffled her wings a bit and then started a slow trot towards the door and then down the dark and narrow hallway. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users