Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Dragon

Mylanth (Ready!)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

Roleplay Area: Land of Equestria

Name: Mylanth

Sex: Male

Species: Dragon

Eye Color: Light Gold

Skin Color(s): Charcoal grey with a blue underbelly and small markings of blue all over his body

Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style: Since Mylanth is a dragon he has scales all over his body. His scales are the charcoal grey color and the blue on his underbelly. 

Physique: Tall and lean, with a small amount of muscle

Cutie Mark: NA

Residence: Travels, but calls a small cave near Hollow Shades home.

Personality: Mylanth is your stereotypical teenage dragon. He is quite mean and doesn't ever seem to show any sign of a small amount of good. He is a dragon so in his nature he doesn't really comprehend things the same way others do and he only really looks out for himself. He is selfish as he developed his love of shiny gems early on and has been hoarding them ever since. 

One of his major flaws is that he is a dragon, and in a land filled with creatures that tremble at the sight of you he takes advantage of this. He tends to steal from others and only go after what he wants. 

The only time he ever "helps" someone is if he gets a better benefit that the one he is "helping". And his help isn't even that great. 

Even though he is on his own and away from other dragons he only feels at home around other dragons like him. And even when he is around others he is still rather crude. 

History: Born among a plethora of dragon eggs, Mylanth was actually the first to hatch. His parents were usually always gone however and the young dragon was really forced to rely on others or himself when they were out. That didn't mean they didn't care for him, they were just avid hunters and needed to be gone most of their time. 

But this was a prime opportunity for the young dragon to find his true self. See as the years started to pass Mylanth came of age when he was finally starting to get harassed by the teenage dragons that were around the area he was. He wasn't the only one but he hated seeing them. 

Due to this being bullied Mylanth quickly developed methods of defense for himself. He was able to pass the, what he was told mandatory, initiation by the big teenage dragons easily and from then on it was smooth sailing to become a feared teenager among the dragons smaller than he. 

But this sense of being on the top had to come to an end soon, as he was told by his parents that he had to move out now and find his own place, or get stuck with most of the work around with the other dragons. While he was all for staying around and feeling on top he didn't want to risk getting in trouble by the adult dragons. And he didn't want to go through the great dragon migration.

So Mylanth moved out and picked a nice cave to live inside where he currently resides to this day. He only comes out of his cave in search of food and when he wants to just have a look around. He is a gem hoarder and has made a habit of taking gems that aren't his. He plans to continue this behavior for the rest of his days, at least that's what he thinks. 

#2 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hmm...this is a good app....the only problem I have with it is the mind powers. As of yet, we haven't seen any sort of magical abilities besides unicorn/Alicorn magic, and fire with dragons. I'm not certain that having such powers ties into canon in any way....perhaps...if you want to keep them...you could go over to the lore section and add your input on the species and how such powers could be accomplished without stretching too far from the only known magical abilities in dragons--fire breath.

Also, while this app is ok as far as interractions with ponies, perhaps mention something on how exactly he plans to interract with ponykind? A kind of...goal, if you will?

#3 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

How's it comin', Flippers? :D

#4 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Flippers? :sadbloom:

#5 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hmm...this is a good app....the only problem I have with it is the mind powers. As of yet, we haven't seen any sort of magical abilities besides unicorn/Alicorn magic, and fire with dragons. I'm not certain that having such powers ties into canon in any way....perhaps...if you want to keep them...you could go over to the lore section and add your input on the species and how such powers could be accomplished without stretching too far from the only known magical abilities in dragons--fire breath.

Also, while this app is ok as far as interractions with ponies, perhaps mention something on how exactly he plans to interract with ponykind? A kind of...goal, if you will?

I got rid of all the creative stuff and made him a typical dragon. 

#6 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

I got rid of all the creative stuff and made him a typical dragon. 

Sad. :I But approved. 

#7 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

I have noted his home is Hollow Shades, which is where one of my characters are from.

Apart from that... I am willing to approve but I would like to offer an opportunity for you to add a bit more creativity by comparing this character to another I recently added final approval for: http://whitetail-woo...ady/#entry36882

Simply, your character does not have to be 'typical'. While some of the staff may disagree... do not have the episode Dragon Quest create a straightjacket. I don't believe all dragons act like the dragons Spike met.

I may even see about making the Dragon lore myself, if it hasn't already been made.

#8 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

Sad. :I But approved.

It is sad.

#9 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

I have noted his home is Hollow Shades, which is where one of my characters are from.

Apart from that... I am willing to approve but I would like to offer an opportunity for you to add a bit more creativity by comparing this character to another I recently added final approval for: http://whitetail-woo...ady/#entry36882

Simply, your character does not have to be 'typical'. While some of the staff may disagree... do not have the episode Dragon Quest create a straightjacket. I don't believe all dragons act like the dragons Spike met.

I may even see about making the Dragon lore myself, if it hasn't already been made.

I'll have to think about it if I want to change him or not. For now I'd like to just leave it as is. If that upsets anything then I'd honestly be okay with archiving this application.

#10 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:22 AM

Your choice, approved

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users