Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

Journey Through Dreams (IC Thread, Open, One on One)

OPEN CLOSED PRIVATE INVITE ONLY

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

OOC

Princess Luna would be travelling the dreams of her subjects in Equestria, seeking out any pony in need of comfort or wisdom from any nightmares they may be experiencing . Admittingly, the princess was also feeling a bit lonely and would enjoy spending some time with one of her subjects if she got the chance. She was a tall mare, with dark blue fur and starry, midnight mane and tail. interest and attention to the many things around her, Luna would walk among the many strange and interesting landscapes of dreams created by the minds her subjects. She would never make her presence know, unless she wanted them to she her, and often found herself watching the bizarre or private. 

She would sigh, having just recently gotten to sleep and hoping to find something to grab her attention as she moved from one dream to the next, seeing many strange and interesting scenes as she did though nothing really catching her attention as of yet. No nightmares, no interesting dreams, problems that need her attention, not yet anyway. Yet like the devoted guardian she was Luna would keep looking, doing her duty as she travelled the realms of her subjects' subconscious. 

#2 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

princess_celestia_flying_by_botchan_mlp-

The princess of the day had had a long, exhausting day, and she was definitely glad to have it behind her. She had greeted and chatted with her sibling ever so briefly as she set her sun and her dear Luna lowered the moon. She had left her sibling with a hug and a soft wish goodnight before ascending to the tower where her bed was. 

She removed her golden adornments, placing her crown upon the nightstand, her horseshoes in their place, and pulled the heavy metal necklace off over her head with her magic, she let it rest on a pony mannequin she kept for just this occasion. She did not bother washing nor brushing her mane before bed, her eyelids felt as though they weighed a million bits.

She flopped onto her bed, not even bothering to go under the blankets, she buried her face in her pillow and within only a few minutes, she was out like a light, soon to enter her sister's realm of guardianship, her sleep state slowly sinking into the deep sleep that would bring on dreams.

#3 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

princesa_luna_by_fluttershy78-d6mkk1v.gi

Princess Luna would be travelling the dreams of her subjects, as she would every night, seeking out any pony in need of comfort or wisdom from any nightmares they may experience. Admittingly, the princess found that her time in the realm of rest could be a quiet and lonely even now, so hoped that she would be able to find a pony in need. She would travel though often strange and interesting landscapes created by her subjects, the thoughts and dreams of ponies shaping the realm in which she walked though. She would not often make her presence know, unless she wanted others to see her, and often found herself watching the funny, bizarre, or even intimate. Yet she could also come upon the dark and scary, where one of her subject's fears or worries twisted their dreams into nightmares bring her forward to involve herself.

#4 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

Celestia's dreams took her on a journey through time, beyond time, before Equestria, into memories that were nothing but shimmering fragments of what they once were. The days of a young world, thousands of years past. The days when a certain white-pelted alicorn was still a tiny filly, and her periwinkle coated sibling an even tinier one.

The details were fuzzy, the passage of time having erased much of the finite from her dreamy haze of a memory. The air seemed to sparkle with light, the sun was in the sky, shining down it's warmth as the two of them pranced through a field of flowers, the laughter of her young sister like the tinkling of sweet bells to her ears. 

Celestia twitched in her position on the bed, a smile twitching across her lips as her eyelids fluttered as she entered a deeper sleep.

The dream was pleasant, and it filled her with a soft sense of peace as images of her dear sweet sibling, her baby blue hair bouncing as she ran, her tiny frame a treasure.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!?" everything flashed black, flickered back to the golden sparkles.

Celestia jerked to a halt, her hoofbeats ceasing as her sister continued her slow, toddler gallop moving away from her. 

The dream Luna turned her head slowly to Celestia, and what appeared to be at first a smile turned into a dark, twisted snarl, "How could you leave me for a thousand years?!"

Again, her dream flashed a dark black and she stumbled backwards, her eyes stretching wide and filled with tears, "No....Luna...I..."

"You betrayed everything we built..." the tiny, sweet Luna was fading away, her pelt darkening, the sky twisting into darkness as her filly form twisted into a Nightmare version of the mare of darkness...

"Luna....No....I didn't...I had no choice...I....I'm sorry!" Celestia was no different in her dreams, her filly form seemed meek and fading before the mighty form of the twisted Nightmare Moon.

"As if I could EVER forgive you!" Celestia chanced a glance up, and now before her was the current, normal vision of her sister, though her eyes glowered a wicked red, "Soon I will rise again! And when I do you...will be the first....."

Celestia backed up further and further from her demonized sister, but found a mighty wall of darkness stopped her, and she found the twisted Luna within inches of her tiny filly muzzle, "TO DIE."

Celestia screamed and covered her head as tears now ran freely from her eyes...the wicked cackling and haunting nightmare Luna swirling all around her.

In her bed, Celestia had broken out in a cold sweat, and tears had formed under her eyelids, her hooves twitching and ears flicking randomly.

#5 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:29 PM

“No one shall die today, except thy fears and guilt my sister,” said a much calmer, gentler, and loving voice. It was still Luna's voice, but not like it had been in her nightmares and she would feel the warmth of her sister nuzzling Celestia.

If the princess looks up she would see her sister Luna not as the mare had been in her troubled dreams before but as she truly was when awake. Her eyes were not that of hate or anger, but love and concern, the eyes of one that had forgiven their sister of any wrong one may feel they had committed.

Speaking Luna would say to her troubled older sister, “Please my sister, do not be so troubled as thy have done less wrong then we have. As thy have forgiven  us, we have given thee long before now. It took the love of you and our subjects, of facing my fears, together we can help you overcome your guilt." The younger sister smiled, showing Celestia that she was there for her.

#6 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

The pink-maned filly shivered a few moments longer, even as the true Luna burst through her nightmare. As her sister's words reached her, however, the tiny white alicorn looking up from where her head had been covered between her forehooves, sniffling, tears staining her rosy cheeks, "You...You mean it, Lulu?"

The small child that lay buried deep within the ancient and once lone ruler of the land had a meak, defenseless voice as she whimpered to her younger sister, "I've never regretted anything *sniff* more than I did that moment....but...I Just...I didn't know what else to do..."

She whimpered weakly again, wiping her hoof under her eyes to brush the tears away from her eyes, "I have felt estranged from you since Twilight freed you from being Nightmare Moon...I just wish to go back to how we were so long ago, Lulu..."

The little filly galloped forward and pressed her cheek against her larger, yet younger, sibling's forearm, rubbing the soft fuzz of her cheek against her sister's velvet-soft blue, "I love you...I just want to go back to the way we were..."

#7 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

Luna would hold her older sister close, though her form was that of a filly, with her large wing enveloping the small form of Celestia. Offering a smile, she would say to her, “Yes dear sister, we do mean it. We understand now that you did what needed to be done so as to save our subjects.”

Though discussion of such things still pained her greatly, allowing guilt of her own to be felt, the midnight princess would say, “In our loneliness, sadness, and envy we allowed ourselves to be manipulated by another before then being transformed into the mare Nightmare Moon. We were no longer ourselves, darkness taking over… you save us as best you could, and saved our subjects.”

On Celestia’s words of feeling estranged from her, Luna would offer, “We are sorry for our distance. Our own guilt had often led us to feel unworthy of they love and forgiveness as to our subjects. It did not help our first experience of Nightmare Night reminding us of the monster we had become, though Twilight helped us greatly that night.”

Nuzzling, her little sister she would whisper, “I love you too, dear sister, and we too wish for the closeness we had… though perhaps we can have even greater closeness, our time apart helping us to learn and become better.”

#8 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

The filly Celestia nuzzled against her larger sister as her words made her tears stop, "I..."

She took a slight step back, and through a shift of whatever magic it was that made dreams, her body grew and grew until the present Celestia stood before her sister, eyes shimmering, "I'm dreaming, aren't I?"

It wasn't often that a pony would realize that they were dreaming when they were dreaming, but it seemed the princess of the sun had come to this realization, "Thank you, Luna....it has been many, many moons since that dreamed plagued me..."

She used a hoof to wipe her eyes, "I'm sorry...."

#9 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

The younger princess would watch as her sister grew to her proper size, offering Celestia a smile as she allowed the mare room to grew before returning forward with another hug.

Yes dear sister, you are dreaming,” Luna would reply to her question with her voice choked with emotion though a small giggle escaped given how it was always somewhat amusing to be asked that question.

On the subject of dreams, the midnight mare would admit, “You are not the only one who plagued with a dream of one's own guilt my sister, we to have experienced such a dream many times. It was actually with the help of all the ponies of Ponyville that I were able to overcome such.” Luna thought back to what had happened, the nightmare she had created for herself that got out of control and to defeat it she had to forgive herself.

She would offer a nuzzle, her face warm against that of Celestia as she says, “I am sorry, especially for not helping to rebuild our relationship as I should.” The mare had felt undeserving of her older sister's love and forgiveness, and this had often avoided the moments that could have allowed them to grow close agin.

#10 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:20 AM

Celestia cuddled against her sister's nuzzles affectionately, "You have nothing to apologize for...even with the time we've been able to spend together...have been neglecting you again..."

She kissed her sister's brow under her horn affectionately and leaned back, "We have two other princesses now! It's time they pulled more of their own weight!"

She giggled at the idea, "We must put more time aside for one another...Twilight and Cadance...and the many capable mayors and governors of Equestria can take on a little more responsibility....perhaps I have been misjudging Equestrians for too long...they are more than capable of handling their estates....we are in a peaceful time..."

She sighed, "Truly, they only need us to maintain night and day! Upon the morrow...we should take a day off together....or...afternoon...whichever works better for when you sleep...perhaps a spa date is in order, dear sister."

#11 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:06 AM

Please sister, we have different shifts and you most often have so many things scheduled,” Luna would shake her head, not wanting her sister to feel that she was neglected before adding, “You offer as much time as you can and we have both stayed up an extra hour or so to spend time together.

On mention of Twilight and Cadance, she would smile before adding with a giggle, “perhaps in some ways they can, though one has her own subjects to watch over while the other has many lessons still to teach and learn.

“Still, I do agree that we need to find ways of putting more time aside for each other,” Luna would admit, hugging her elder sister as she considers the thought and what would need to happen for such to play out. Still, there was some certain as she asked, “Can we trust all of our mayors and governors to take on more duties or responsibility?

Smiling, she would offer, “Perhaps we can go to the spa and perhaps afterwards go shopping?” There were a few fashions she had wanted to check out, even curious to see some of Rarity's line of clothes.

#12 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

Celestia was initially discouraged, thinking that from the way Luna was talking, she was going to turn her offer down. 

She smiled, though, when her younger sibling gave in and requested that they not only do the spa she had suggested, but also go shopping. She smiled fondly and nuzzled her muzzle against her sister's cheek, "Thank you...I've been longing to spoil my little sister again."

She leaned back, her smile wide, "We should trust our subjects more...they are capable of more than we give them credit for."

She sighed and shut her eyes, then tilted her head, "I have slumbered long enough...I fear more time has passed than it feels like..."

She looked around at her sparkling dream world, "We'll see each other shortly."

The next she knew, she was waking up to the twinkling stars, the night still dark, but she could sense with her magic that the sky was beginning to purple as her sun itched to awaken with the mare that moved it. She felt so refreshed in the morning, just before dawn, she supposed she was just like the sun. She felt most awake and alive during the day, but tired and sleepy when hidden away. It didn't matter if it was summer or winter, whether the sun rose early or stayed out later than normal, she felt her energy come and go with its presence. 

So it was, that the solar monarch rose from her bed and trotted to her balcony, watching the moon set slowly to the west, and her magic lit and with it came the sun, just breaching the horizon to the east. She smiled as the first purple red warmth of daylight kissed her face, and she turned away, off to groom herself before seeking out her sibling.

#13 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:09 AM

Luna would blush somewhat in embarrassment as her sister nuzzled her, teasing her she felt from her words about spoiling her. She would be glad Celestia was happy with her agreement to do this and was already consider what she could wear for such an occasion. On the older sister words about trusting their subjects, the youngest would say softly, “Perhaps you're right, perhaps we may have been taking our duties a bit too seriously since our return.”

Listening to her sister, the princess would nod and offer one last hug before saying, “Awaken dear sister, and we shall meet you soon. This time together has been dear to our hearts, and we feel closer to you then since before our mistake was first made.” Stepping back, Luna would watch as her sister disappeared, as all ponies do who awaken from their sleep.

Feeling herself move back to her sleeping form, she would also awaken, and looking up into the sky of her beautiful night Luna would fill the tug of her moon as the day begin to play upon the corners of the night. Knowing her sister was up, and preparing to raise the sun, she would use her magic to begin lowering the moon until it had disappeared behind the horizon. Smiling, she felt almost giddy with anticipation as the mare look into the large mirror at her reflection.

Deciding it best to start with her mane and tail, deceptively so ethereal and smokey as if it wasn't solid as other ponies, Luna would move the brush through its length. She held it with her magic, as the princess considered her reflection. Sometimes, though the mare knew it was a trick of her mind, she almost though she saw Nightmare Moon looking back at her though with a shake of the head such an illusion was gone.

When finished grooming, Luna would put on a lovely blue hat before moving to the door and exit her bedchambers in search of her sister. Yet her hungry tummy would lead her to make a quick stop to the kitchen where servants and staff bowed on seeing her as she went down the hall. The lunar guards at the princesses door would relieve themselves of their duty, their shift over despite the diarch of the night being up and about. There was solar guard coming to replace her guard as she passed, so it was not as if there was those still near.

#14 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Celestia hummed softly to herself. She had just briefed the old stallion that typically helped her with paperwork and such on what was going on, and he seemed pleased to be given the honor of taking over several of her minute duties. So it was that the white mare was able to trot down the halls unattended, though she of course passed the occasional guard as she headed for her sibling's chambers.

"Luuuuna~" The sun deity knocked on her sibling's large door as she called her name in a sing song tone, then pushing open the door slightly to peak her head in, "I sure hope you look decent, because I'm coming iiin!"

She giggled at her own words and slid into the door, shutting it behind her to make sure the guards couldn't peak if for some reason her sister actually was indecent...though she couldn't imagine how. It's not as if they wore clothes every day.

She looked around her sister's room as she waited, assuming her sister was perhaps bathing or something. It had changed much since her sister's return...it now looked lived in.

She sighed sadly as she remembered building this empty chamber when the new castle was erected, and how being in it would fill her with remorse. She had strived to fill it with every trinket or book her sister had ever had a fondness for, but much of it had been left behind in the old castle, the memories there too painful to face head on, and eventually buried in the castle's rubble. But now...it was definitely lived in. She smiled as she looked around the room, finding little signs of a habitant everywhere. An askew blanket on the bed...a half eaten snack on the bedside table...and as odd as it might be, there was the smell...the smell of her sister. She stood between the bed and the window and just inhaled softly, shutting her eyes as she did. It brought back memories of Luna's old room at the castle in the Everfree, and it filled her with pleasant feelings.

#15 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

Though it would seem Celestia was enjoying the smell of room which was of her sister, behavior some might consider a little odd, there was one thing the princess would realize quite quickly. Her sister was not in her room and if she checked the bathroom, she was not there either. The only other answer was that Luna had already left, perhaps in search of her eldest.

Luna for her part was already getting a meal together, not just for herself but for Celestia if she happened to show up. The princess even sneaked a slice of cake, just in case her sister was annoyed that she wasn't easy to find. The breakfast would hopefully give them the needed energy for what fun day they had planned.

Her mind would race with a few thoughts, though her smile was infectious as the staff and cook in the kitchen would smile with Luna. Her giggles were theirs though many who tried to keep a straight face and were worried that such wouldn't be appropriate, leaving  Luna to say, “Oh come now, we want you all to have a good day like the one we have planned with out sister.”

Taking a few bites of her eggs and toast, the princess would smile and offer a thanks showing she liked it. She would actually ask that pancakes be made before instructing that their meal be brought to the dining hall.

With such Luna would go in search of her sister, wondering where she might be, already considering the places they might go. One place she wanted to check out was Rarity's Boutique in Canterlot, having heard about its grand opening and success but not having a chance to go look.

#16 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

Celestia waited around impatiently for awhile before finally checking the bathroom and realizing she was, in fact, waiting for somepony who was already gone. She sighed and thought to herself, 'If I were Luna...where would I--'

"The kitchens!" She exclaimed out loud, her thoughtful face brightening with enlightenment, and with that the white mare trotted out of the room, past the curious halls, and down the stairs that led to the kitchens below. Already she smelled the aroma of baked goods and other breakfast delicacies. And tea. She always loved it when she smelled tea.

She inhaled deeply as she cautiously opened the door to the bustling kitchens, not wanting to disturb the ponies hustling and bustling about for the brunch going on later today. She was unaware that Luna had just left from the opposite end to go searching for her. Not seeing her sister anywhere, she hummed to herself, perplexed. She left the kitchens quietly and headed for the dining hall, where the table was already beginning to be set for two. She smiled, thinking maybe the ponies had somehow found out about their plans and were trying to help out with the breakfast. She took the largest seat at the head of the table, right next to the second largest, which was where Luna typically sat. She smiled and thanked the ponies as they hustled about, and a mare that often made her tea brought a kettle and cup for her to sip while she waited for the eggs and pancakes she knew were being made.

She sure hoped Luna would make it before the food arrived and started getting cold...

#17 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

Luna would sign, having not found her sister and deciding to head back to the dining hall. She knew breakfast would be ready and she didn't want to leave the servants to try and keep the food warm. That and if luck was on her side, perhaps her sister was there waiting for her. She hoped so, otherwise the mare felt she may have to contact Celestia with her magic which would be a hassle.

Thankfully, on entering and seeing Celestia she give a relieved smile before saying, "Sister! Finally we find thee, perhaps we should have just waited in our room for thee to find us or here even. We hope you are prepared, as after dinner we were thinking that the two of us should start as soon as we have our responsibilities taken care of." Luna would sit, her chair next to her sisters at the head of the large table.

With a sigh, Luna would offer a somewhat nervous look yet a smile to show that all was well. Though she was uncertain, the younger sister felt they would both have a lot of fun. She would start taking a few small bites, between such saying, "Sister dear, we were considering perhaps seeing Rarity's boutique here in Canterlot. That is if you are willing, we were hoping to see for ourselves the line of clothes and dresses. We are most interesting in seeing the dress inspired by our night and ourself, while also seeing if there may be something there for us."

There was more, much more, yet perhaps such could start their conversation as they ate. Luna wondered if her sister had ideas of her own, perhaps Celestia having places they could go.

#18 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:20 AM

Celestia smiled fondly as her sister arrived, "It seems we've been playing hide and seek without even knowing it, dear sister." 

She nodded and thanked the worker ponies as they brought in the breakfast spread for their Princesses, and left quietly, leaving them to their meal. She giggled a little, "Dinner..? Well, I suppose for you it probably is...it's breakfast for me."

She giggled and poured herself a cup of the morning blend tea she had been presented with by the servants. She perked at the mention of Rarity's new boutique, and swallowed quickly as she eagerly responded, "Mm--yes! I'd also like to see the gown that was supposedly inspired by me! Though, I'm certain yours will be much more glamorous. So many things go well with your shade of pelt, and look great in the moonlight...it takes a keen seamstress to make something go with a coat so pale as my own..."

She sipped her tea and then tilted her head after a moment of thought, "But...I do suppose that if there ever were such a seamstress...it would be Rarity."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users