Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Crystal Pony

Citrine De'Sunder [FINAL]

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR, United States

Donator

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

Roleplay Area: LoE

Name: Citrine De'Sunder

Race: Crystal Pony

Sex: Female

Eyes: Goldenrod (⬛⬛⬛ #DAA520)

Coat Color: Lemon Chiffon (⬛⬛⬛ #FFFACD)

Mane/Tail: Mellow Yellow Colored, Solid. (⬛⬛⬛ #F8DE7E)

She sports an exceptionally large and bushy tail for a pony. Often it may even be seen dragging partially along the ground.

Physique: Citrine appears a healthy average, apart from sporting a little extra squish from being a fan of fine foods. While by no means fat, it wouldn't be a crime to suggest she has the slightest layer of pudge from her lifetime samplings.

Cutie Mark: A  crystalline-textured heart icon of a dim amber coloration, with a single thin crack running through it, either a ribbon, bandage or lengthy piece of cloth wrapped and tied around the heart imagery. She received it after helping two friends end a standing feud.

Citrine believes her special talent to be, simply put, in the "caring for others". Particularly in relationships and overall health. She often takes great strides in maintaining or improving close friendships, or bolstering ties between others, and has a keen interest in psychological and emotional healths. She isn't averse to learning about the body as a result, although she lacks any formal medical training, she might still be considered an 'enthusiast-on-the-side' with her talent.

Residence: Travels frequently and far from home, but she will use her mother's mailing address within the Crystal Empire for official records.

Profession(s): Freelance Relations Counselor, Courier, Health Adviser, Merchant's Assistant (Past)

Personality: Warm and largely unassuming, Citrine is a pony who could be said that, above all else, desires close companionship. She is a friendly pony who aims to please, and to feel pleased in return. She loves interacting with and learning from other ponies, and may frequently exude an atmosphere of genuine interest and concern. She has a keen desire to seek new connections with others and promote existing ones, but also to help strengthen ties between others.

Contrary to her yearning for familiars, Citrine is not the most out-going pony to be found, and isn't likely to actively seek out a potential friend and initiate introductions without outstanding reason. This is primarily because she does not want to impede on the lives of strangers, regardless of whether or not she might desire their attentions at times. Most would think of her as an ambivert, or hidden introvert, displaying a warm voice, attentive ear, and gushy praise and affection for friends before retreating to a quieter place to spend time on herself.

Perhaps given to at least in part by her upbringing and Cutie Mark, Citrine has an inner ache to see ponies get along with eachother - to look over eachother's differing opinions, if possible. This is true in her own relationships, and she strives to improve her knowledge of relationship building and like-subjects in general. In her personal time, it is common enough to find her digging into books regarding pony psychology, relations, and even health. She places emphasis on one's well-being, mental and emotional health in particular, but also physical healths to a lesser extent as well.

Her focus on improving her friendships doesn't go unnoticed however, and can sometimes lead to others viewing her as gushy or clingy. Normally such thoughts tend not to bother her, unless voiced by others negatively. Being involved in arguments with others can have impact on her self-assurance at times, and she is usually the first pony to apologize (though not at the expense of her beliefs). Her self-esteem is easily affected by criticism, especially from those close to her. In addition, she holds a habit of wanting to mediate between fights, which can backfire on her on occasion.

On-par with her giving nature, she engages in some basic pass-times for the benefit of others, such as gift-giving and inviting others out to dine, treating them. She can spend a great deal of effort in selecting appropriate gifts for others, or in scouring a town for the best cuisine. Friends of hers can expect to be spoiled well with sweet and savory material tokens of her appreciation. As a drawback, this tendency can mean she needs to keep a closer watch over her personal finances. Her closer friends will notice she can be very giving of affection as well, unprovoked nudging and nuzzling isn't unheard of.

While typically a joyous and life-relishing individual, Citrine can come to be wary of authority - at least when she thinks it unjust. Desiring an atmosphere of 'live and let live', she is a heavy advocate of personal freedoms, rights and opinions, and will not take kindly to being pushed around or witnessing the baseless control over others. A reaction to this usually manifests in either defensive scolding or - in much unhealthier states - plotting for attempts at removing or dampening the offender's authoritative powers. If ever she doesn't seem sincere in her apologies, it could very well be something struck a nerve and she is holding a buried grudge over it. It should not be said she isn't forgiving, however. Citrine is, by large, a fair individual with a trader's sense of honor adopted from her mother's teachings. With Morales surrounding honest exchange, she finds herself holding would-be thieves at a leg's length, not wishing to partake in their dealings - an almost contradictory touch in some cases given her regard to an excess of authority.

Akin with her avoidance of authority, domineering personalities can find her slinking away from them gradually, should such an attitude be held too long in her presence. By contrast, she is unconsciously attracted to those who might use inspiration, reason, praise or barter in it's place. Although she may brush it off as a result of her upbringing around merchants day-by-day, she finds an air of familiarity amongst ponies in trading professions. It's common enough to find her using this as opening grounds to introduce or familiarize herself with somepony of a like-profession to her sole parent, possibly even showing a more playful attitude towards them. Despite this seemingly energized friendliness towards merchants, she can, at times, dislike discussing her own work - claiming either for the sake of confidentiality of her clients or not wishing to relive their stories.

Though she has taken on a recent traveling phase, Citrine isn't a fan of the outdoors, preferring the comforts of civilization and company of other ponies. Because of this, when she does relocate herself, it is usually alongside other travelers, caravans or by some form of public transportation. Whichever can offer her the most comfort at the time is typically the method of travel she chooses. Citrine can be quite inquisitive when it comes to the development of the world outside of her homeland, given it's stasised disappearance for so long, and long travels with company offers her some resolve there.

Before leaving the safe confines of the Crystal Empire, Citrine hadn't really ever encountered species other than ponies in her small corner of the community. As a measure of impairment with her travels, she is often found with little idea of how to interact with non-pony species, leaving her with a sense of uncertainty or perhaps even discomfort. This isn't to say she has any true issue with other non-pony races, merely that their foreign appearance leaves her feeling alien to them. She will still make efforts to be agreeable and friendly, and is still quite capable of warming up to outsiders just the same as any other pony she encounters, but introductions are likely to be awkward and hesitant until common grounds are found.

Critrine has developed an unfortunate case of pyrophobia, albeit a very mild one. As a foal, she found herself tipping a lit candle one evening, causing a portion of a rug as well as her own tail to come aflame. She sustained no injuries from the ordeal, and her mother had been quick enough to expel both fires, but it hadn't caused the sense of panic she received to lessen. Her experience has not lead to her scorning the use and application of fire entirely, as she still uses it just as any other pony might, but she will display an unnecessary amount of caution in the process. On an decidedly unrelated note, she has since disapproved of trimming her tail. Instead, she allows it to grow long and bushy, although not ill-groomed outside of getting it cut, despite any teasing from peers.

History: Raised by a lone mother for as long as she could remember from her youth, Citrine hails from the Crystal Empire, to a seemingly average household. Her mother, being a jewel cutter and local merchant as well as a single parent, found little time for her own personal life, pouring most of her energy into raising her offspring or running her shop. Though her artistic touch never really was passed down, Citrine's mother had influenced Citrine heavily in how to deal with others. Whilst not particularly wealthy as perhaps a result, she held a tone of traders honesty and fairness; offering polite smiles and appreciative, yet enticing words. In the raising of her foal, Citrines sole parent had been no different.

Citrine's foal and fillyhood years could not be said to differ much from her adult years in activity. Much of her early years were spent merely socializing and making gradual friends in neighbors, peers and the surrounding community. Visiting local social hotspots and events were typical of her. When she wasn't out enjoying the company of friends, she was either in some form of schooling or helping her mother in chores or running their storefront.

Her Cutie Mark appeared early in life, after helping to a pair of her dearest childhood friends resolve a grudge which spanned for months. While she reveled in the small celebration held for her, her true feeling of reward is in the letters she still receives from the very companions she aimed to bring together, writing to her about the time they now spend in eachother's company.

Much in her early life being without significant event, the free time she found gradually went into increasing her education - at least for where her own desires were concerned. It wasn't until the occupation of the Crystal Empire by King Sombra that her (now-adult) life was very much affected by some major and unusual event. The time spent under the shadow king's rule is one she seldom desires to speak of, especially to outsiders from beyond the Crystal Empire. Upon the Crystal Empire's return and Sombra's defeat, Citrine welcomed the rule of their new princess along with most of her kin, savoring the promises of freedom and peace once again.

A time after making sure things were settled on the home-front with her mother, Citrine opted to leave the Crystal Empire, a choice which surprised most all around her. She had never been one to crave adventure, nor want to leave the comforts of society behind. When asked why, she would speak of a desire to see how the world has changed so since the absence of her homeland. In a more truthful perspective, Citrine has an ulterior and far more personal motive for having left, one which she hides well, and one that her mother secretly dreads.

Additional Notes:

- While she doesn't hold an official occupation, she often sells her services as a private courier, a relations counselor, a therapist, and in rare occasions even a health adviser (although she will always direct ponies to a more professional source). She may shy away from taking on matters of romantic nature, preferring to stay out of other ponies' love-lives. By association of her chosen worklife and interests, she can be knowledgeable on subjects such as psychology, sociology, and to a limited extent, physical health (often by relation of mental health).

- Yes, Citrine has a father. No, he will not be mentioned here for now.

- Citrine's mother, one Beryl Bounty, still lives in the Crystal Empire as a merchant.

- Citrine's "surname" is not her original. Her shown surname is sometimes spelled DeSunder or even de Sunder, on paper.

- Speaks in a non-hostile, even calming way. Much of her choice in words are outdated or seen as formal by modern standards, but her tone and general speech patterns typically convey them in a warmer light. Still, it can be a minor cause of confusion or embarrassment around others. She may also limit her use of contractions. She can have a small habit of pausing between words, her speech is often taken as deliberate and considered as a result.

- Rarely seen outside without saddlebags, sporting a few books and notes. Often seen with traveling supplies when journeying.

- Frequently sends letters to friends and family. Sends and receives periodic gifts from parents (namely crystal berries - all kinds!).

- Favors spending warm, quiet sunsets with friends.

- Her favorite foods come from her homeland, and typically place her in an improved mood.

- Her physique is quite a healthy average, though given a love of comforting sweets and fine foods has seen her with the slightest of visible pudge.

<Sole currently-existing vector image of character, by artist Mailittlepony>

Spoiler

#2 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

Looking awesome so far, my friend.  :blargh:

#3 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Glad to see you here, we need more activity! I'm glad to see you're putting such a wonderful character as Citrine to use here, once I don't have to go to the library and have internet at home I'll see about starting Ponyfinder back up.

I may move the roleplay here though, since Whitetail Woods needs the members and I may get some here to pick up where others disappeared.

I would be willing to approve the bio now, but you still have WIP.

#4 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

Yes, I saw through e-mail notifications that a number of the participants would have loved to continue it. You've my apologies for not being more on-the-ball there as well... :c

I'm sure there'd be a reasonable number of players interested here as well.

My thanks to both of you for the comments on the character! Yes, the character is pretty much finished, I'm just still on the fence about the names (Citrine and her mother) and Citrine's Cutie Mark. Citrine and Beryl are fine names, I feel, it's just their 'surnames' that I feel could be more fitting... :P

Apart from that, I'll likely switch this form to final status once that's taken care of (or until I get too lazy to bother with it any longer).

#5 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts

Donator

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

This is just a changelog post (so it's easier to keep track of what may have been changed).

7/4/2015 (actually 7/5/2015):

Spoiler

These may be the final updates, and by the time this is read the submission may very well say [FINAL] in the title. If not, future updates will be posted here (but don't expect many more changes by this point).

Final Edit: Well, I read through everything (for the millionth time now), and it looks satisfying to me. I'm marking it as a final! :D

#6 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

First Approved

I was wondering though if you might be willing to consider Citrine having a sister or cousin.

#7 CobsRa

CobsRa

$$$ MR. MONEYBAG$ $$$

• 472 posts

Donator

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

First Approved

I was wondering though if you might be willing to consider Citrine having a sister or cousin.

I'd be open to entertaining the idea, yes, though I'm sure there's a lot to consider. A cousin or semi-distant relative would be easy enough to tie in. A full-on sister/sibling would probably need a little discussion (over PMs), especially if we would be included details of the other sibling in our character sheets.

On a side note, I feel somehow compelled to mention 'Rose Quartz' was actually Citrine's original name when I first thought to create her (with a more pink-oriented color scheme). Funny that, no? :charm:

Though I never mentioned that much before, and it was more of a placeholder name - 'Citrine' is far more befitting for my character, I feel...

At least I'm under the assumption that Rose Quartz is the proposed-sister you had in mind?

Either way, I'm open to discussing it further. There may end up being some little changes here, even after this character sheet may be accepted. :)

#8 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1979 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

THE STAMP IS LOST.

BUT CONSIDER THIS YOUR STAMP OF APPROVAL!

rarity_kisses_you_by_mezkalito4p-d4jb2ip

MUUWWAHHH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users