Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
News

Help With Site Revival!

revival mlp roleplaying discussion

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 806 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

Greetings and salutations, it has been a while. I hope there might be at least a few here that see this announcement and proclamation as I seek to bring back the life I once saw on Whitetail Woods. The roleplays, the discussion, as well more as to once again see both old and new members moving about.

If you are an old member uncertain of whether or not Whitetail Woods is even worth fighting for, I ask that you step forward and give this site the chance to shine yet again as well grow perhaps beyond what it has been in a very long time. If you are a new member, welcome and please stay a while. This was a great community once with members who come on daily for discussions, roleplaying, lore building, and more.

Please, stay a while and learn just what it means to be a member of Whitetail Woods.

#2 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

Runner of shadows and dark fire!

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

Ill be happy to stop by now and then, if there is any one who wants to do something just let me know. 

#3 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 806 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:29 AM

Ill be happy to stop by now and then, if there is any one who wants to do something just let me know. 

Well I am open for roleplay and discussion, 

Perhaps we can go over some of the episodes that have revealed themselves over the late couple of years?

#4 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

Runner of shadows and dark fire!

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:52 AM

That all sounds good, i am not caught up as i have been having personal problems and the job is time consuming. But i am open to pretty much anything. 

#5 Parodius

Parodius

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

It has been a long time, hasn't it?

People's lives have changed, the world has changed, and the show has developed.

It's going to be tricky to revive.

If another round of emails to prompt others to return is sent out, perhaps include a link and make a thread somewhere for the returnees to re-introduce themselves.  While the email address may have the domain, a link is much easier for re-finding, if people have changed computers or something else that might've made them no longer have the link.  Regarding the topic, perhaps offer suggestions in it for places that the returnees might enjoy.  For those that are of a roleplaying mindset, perhaps something in the free for all for immediate 'jump in and play' appeal.  The approval process may be useful for a consistent world, but it slows the time between coming around and hopping in.

Something should be tried to condense the player base.  Though the following items may not be tactful, I feel I should share it. One thing I recall is 'private thread, no entry' or similar situations, so even if one found a thread that was interesting, one couldn't join without jumping through hoops.  Also, if given a world, players will fill that world, even if there aren't any other characters in that part of the world.  ...and then they don't get as many scenes with said character unless they come up with excuses for them to be elsewhere.

It's a longer post than I thought it would be, but I'm just spit-balling thoughts out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, revival, mlp, roleplaying, discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users