Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Creature

[Final] Prince Carrion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WetHairedCaribou

WetHairedCaribou

Foal

• 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

Roleplay Area: FFA
Name: Prince Carrion
Sex: Male
Species: Lich
Eye Color: Vermillion (but with more orange than red)
Skin Color(s): Dark Grey
Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style: Flame like long white and dark cerulean tips and a flaming bright green tail that stretches down to the floor.
Physique: About as tall as Princess Cadence, but looking very gaunt and emaciated, his flesh rotting in places and his eyes sunken in, hooves cracked and horn slightly fractured at the tip. He wears an dark thorn crown with a single onyx gem in the front.
Cutie Mark: (Not sure what to put here since the place on his flank his cutie mark would've been is rotted off, most likely none)
Residence: Unknown
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Personality: Carrion is deceitful, manipulative, sadistic, and malicious, willing to do anything he can to tempt ponies into throwing away their desires, their dreams, their hopes, and even lives to him without an ounce of good or kindness in his heart (assuming he still has one). Carrion's one goal in life—or afterlife—is to gain ultimate power and usurp a kingdom of his own. Carrion, to put it simply, is nothing short of an abhorrent monster, and will stop at nothing if it means achieving his goal.
History: It's unknown how Carrion began, to the point even HE can't remember his first body, but it's likely that, the way most lichen are created, he must've a powerful unicorn obsessed with his own ever-approaching mortality and turned to the darkest of dark magic to become immortal. By transferring his soul into an already dead body, he lost his mind and became a monster.
Now, however, the self-proclaimed "Prince of the Dead" now seeks new souls. For each soul he consumes, he gains their power and even their body. Ultimately, though, if he were to ever steal the soul of an alicorn, he would become unstoppable.

What I'm hoping to create here is a unique, powerful, and unexpected villain to use for RP's. Prince Carrion is designed to be irredeemably evil, and play a role in stories similar to that of a Mephistopheles (or, if you prefer, Bill Cipher) type of role.

#2 Asbel Lhant

Asbel Lhant

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 95 posts
  • LocationRichard's Castle

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:11 AM

He sounds like a fun opponent for Burning Valor to face.

#3 WetHairedCaribou

WetHairedCaribou

Foal

• 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:22 AM

He sounds like a fun opponent for Burning Valor to face.

He's still a bit of a work in progress at the moment, since I ripped him from some really bad fanfiction I wrote a long time ago (I got pretty quickly swept up in the Twilicorn debacle and kinda overreacted by writing up what I essentially deemed "the My Little Pony equivalent of Spider-Man- One More Day") and I thought since he was probably the only good thing to come from that story, it'd be fun to resurrect him as a villain; nopony is bound to suspect a lich of all things (though I changed him into a unicorn since I thought it'd be easier). Any advice or thoughts you can give me on where to go with him?

#4 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

Make sure to put this is for the Free Forum Area or FFA not Legends of Equestria, apart from that he looks interesting. Could make for an interesting villain to encounter or perhaps a group of friends or adventurers to face.

#5 WetHairedCaribou

WetHairedCaribou

Foal

• 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Okay, fixed it. Do you have any advice on how I could improve this character or anything to move him further into approval?

#6 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

Yes, this resource when it comes to playing a lich. 

Van Richten's Guide to the Lich

Though when it comes to approval, it is okay right now, though I did offer a way to improve it.

#7 WetHairedCaribou

WetHairedCaribou

Foal

• 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Yes, this resource when it comes to playing a lich. 

Van Richten's Guide to the Lich

Though when it comes to approval, it is okay right now, though I did offer a way to improve it.

Thanks! This is actually very helpful to me, since I was building Carrion AS A CHARACTER as a cross between Sombra and Chrysalis, and AS A MONSTER more or less as a fusion of Wendigo (both the Native-American demon cannibal spirit, but also the Windigos from Hearth's Warming Eve), Changelings, soul eaters, and even a little bit of vampire to fill in the cracks. I wasn't 100% sure if I could make full use of "magic zombie horse, but intelligent" but I'll flip through this a bit and see what I can do about fixing him.

#8 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

Let me know the progress of this character, if you can get it finished up I may have a roleplay he could join.

I will PM you and others involving such roleplaying.

#9 WetHairedCaribou

WetHairedCaribou

Foal

• 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:17 AM

I still don't have a reference for him but I can't think of any way to really improve on him without overcomplicating him. Sometimes it's just better to have a simple pitch black villain with no redeeming qualities (like G1 Tirek, for example).

#10 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Well it should be okay, thanks for what you did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users