Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

[Map spanning] The hunt for the Changeling Queen. (IC Open)

FFA bounty hunter

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

Runner of shadows and dark fire!

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

You are among a small group of ponies standing in front of a bounty board in the local Ponyvillie inn. Normally it sits empty or has a request to find a missing item or lost pet with the reward being a small sum of bits or a home cooked meal. The bounty business is normally a rather mundane or peaceful thing. The guards or the resident heroes take care of most things that pose a threat.

Today how ever was different, a lone flyer is pinned to the center of the board. A wanted poster, with a face most ponies knew and had learned to fear. The bounty was for one Queen Chrysalis. After the reform of the changelings most had thought her dealt wit, they were wrong. Rumors of loyalist changelings being spotted deep in the ever free and on the outskirts of Equestria were whispered far and wide. This how ever was not the sole motive for her capture.

Though she had fled and abandoned them, to the reformed changelings Queen Chrysalis was still their mother and they held out hope that she may yet be reformed. Their desire to see her returned to them. King Thorax and The Princess's Celestia and Luna all backing the contract and ensuring the payment. One million bits for the live capture and safe return of Queen Chrysalis. The Bounty read as follows. 

By the authority granted by the Equestrian government, by the Princesses of the Sun and Moon and by the newly crowned King thorax of the Reformed Changelings. The Equestrian treasury here by posts a bounty for the live capture and safe return of Queen Chrysalis to the Canterlot dungeons. Payment will be given upon positive identification of Queen Chrysalis in either one lump sum or over several payments. For more information see the nearest royal guard representative. 

#2 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:48 AM

A slender claw with fine nails goes over the message. The tall half dragon with the sparkling eyes reads it with glee. "One million bits!" She quickly lowers her voice as to not draw any unwanted attention--said attention being from competitors. Checking her bardic knowledge, she quickly decides on a course of action.

"A criminal who's weakness is love?" She splays her right claw over her heart. "Why, I am the most passionate dragon AND pony in all of Equestria. And if that is not enough, then my martial prowess shall subdue her."

Her smile threatens to split her muzzle in half as she pictures herself bringing in a tied up changeling queen to the princesses, who will then shower her in more jewels than she could eat in decades. Decades, unless I grow into a fine and slender dragoness, and will finally be big enough to find and marry Attor, my Master. She swoons when imagining herself as a full dragon, shadowing the lands in her shadow, and her beloved Attor noticing her. He would rise up from his lair, and hug her, and kiss her, and he would tell her how proud he is of her, and...

It takes a little while before she finally regains her senses. First she should to and find the nearest royal guard.

#3 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

The representative of the guard in Ponyville occupied a small and plain building that blended in well with the others. The only clue it was in any way affiliated with the royal guard was the sign above the door and the royal crest on the door. In side, the guard sat behind the counter. He was speaking to a very tall Stallion with a long scar going through one eye and a large number of other smaller ones all over. Piercing red and blue eyes and teeth that looked more like they should be in a wolves mouth.

The guard handed him a small stack of papers and said " Youll need to fill them all out and sign all of them as well. " The tall black Stallion shook his head" I can't read pony, and I hope you take signatures in glyph." he said pausing and cocking his head to the left, one of his ears folding down he sniffed the air." I smell dragon, kind of, at least a little. Anyway you're gonna have to read this paper work to me, I don't read pony" said the Tall black stallion in a matter of fact voice 

#4 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Oh, he's a big one. Having come to associate size with power and vitality, Gem tended to dismiss anyone who did not at the least come to her barrel when she was at her full size. She cringed a little when reminded herself that size isn't everything--that she learned her lesson and was fine shrinking down to a "mundane" size --and that she REALLY had to control her greed or she would grow into a dimwitted giant over time. Still, it was nice to see a pony who like her seemed to value size--and there was no way that he grew that big without aid. 

She trotted closer to him, and noticed that he too seemed to be after the bounty. If it had been anypony else, she would have made it  clear to them that she did not require any help and he should just let her take the bounty. But he was so big. It would be nice to have a kindred spirit who was not some brutish dragon.

"Why hello there, everypony. I seem to be joining this fine fellow here in capturing a certain bounty. Please help us prepare so we can be off." 

She brushed against the tall pony, gauging his strength. 

#5 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:49 AM

When bumped in to he did not move at all, A slight grin the only clue he even noticed. The guard pony walked the tall stallion through the paper work. He proceeded to fill out and sign all that was needed. As he was the guard passed a copy to Precious Gem. After he finished he turned to Precious. Upon seeing her his face turned to a wry smile. "My name Is Shadowrunner,may I ask yours? " 

#6 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

She too filled in her paper work, and turned to Shadowrunner when he addressed her. "You may, and I shall grant it." She put a claw on her chest and greets him warmly. "My name is Precious Gem, explorer extraordinaire."  

#7 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

"A fitting name for someone as pretty as you. I like the scales and claws. " The guard pony took the paper work. Shadow moved towards the door "I need to pick up a few things from my house. Wanna come with?" 

#8 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

Having nothing to pickup herself, she took him up on his offer after thanking the guard.

#9 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Shadow made his way out of Ponyville and to the edge of the Everfree forest.  A lone pair of glowing eyes peers out back at him. One eye a bright green the other a soft amber. The one pair of eyes became many and they all seemed to be staring at shadow and Precious.  A chorus of howls began bellowing forth from the edges of the forest. Shadow replied, letting out a piercing howl that rose above all others. 

From the darkness stepped a rather large timber wolf and after him the rest of the pack. A pup running up to shadow and nuzzling up to his right leg. The large wolf with the mismatched eyes looked first to Shadow and then To Precious Gem. Shadow Smiled "She is a new friend" Picking up the pup with his teeth and placing him on his back Shadow smiled. "Precious this is Mr. walking tree and the rest of my family." 

#10 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Not sure if they could understand Common, Gem greeted them but then treated them like she would wild drakes. She approached non threatening and let them sniff

#11 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

The timber wolves approached and sniff seeming to appreciate the greeting. THe small timber wolf on shadows back tugged his mane shadow then walked close enough to Precious Gem for him to sniff the air and get a good scent.  The large wolf with the miss matched eyes looked at Shadow, a series of small facial gestures growls and twitches of the ear. Shadow replied in a similar manner. This went back and forth for a moment before shadow turned to Precious Gem and said "He thanks you for the greeting and wants to ask why you are part pony and part dragon." 

#12 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

"Well, when a mommy and pappy love each..." She coughed in her claw. "Well, how about I tell you mine, if you tell me yours, Shadow." She shuffled her feet, not used to telling people the truth. But this pony seems to be like her so he might understand. "You show me yours, I'll show you mine? I shall tell you, if you tell me how exactly you got the way you are."

#13 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

The wolf with the miss matched eyes started to do what looked a lot like laughing. and shadow shook his head and smiled "Works for me." all the wolves sat down and the pup on his back settled him self in 

"When I was a colt, I ran away from home, never fit in with any pony and the forest looked rely pretty. I didn't mean to stay but a storm knocked me down so I did. I came across an old zebra alchemist named Dawa being attacked by my friend Mr walking tree and the rest of the pack that was there at the time. I didn't know what to do so I ran at the biggest wolf and bucked him in the eye. I thought he was gonna eat me and the old lady for sure, but when he got up he just looked at me and left. That's why he has miss matched eyes.

Dawa raised me till she passed away, (Shadow smiles sadly at that and continued) and when she did a tree grew where I buried her. Real fast, like in a day or two. She fed me all sorts of potions and stuff and taught me how to make them. One made me grow an extra heart, another made me grow really big. I stayed there till Mr walking tree and the others found me. They saw I was alone and tried to kill me again. "

Mr walking tree looked at the ground and began shifting the soil around a bit then looked around at his pack and pack at Shadow. Miss matched eyes locked on him as he told the rest of the story.

"I was really mad so I slammed him into a tree, and I was gonna smash his head when I saw his eyes. He didn't kill me so I didn't kill him. I just walked away, went to an old cave and they followed me. Way Mr walking tree puts it, I am the biggest and the strongest and the fastest so I lead the pack. He taught me how to be a good wolf and I started making potions to make me more like a wolf too. 

That's why I can howl and my teeth are sharp and my eyes glow some times. Now I am faster and stronger than I ever was. Mr walking tree says I taught him the value of wisdom, and that not all strength is physical. We have been together ever since. We keep the roads in the forest as clear as we can, we hunt together, eat together and all that. I hope to be with my pack till I join Auntie Dawa in the trees "

Shadow smiled and paused for a moment. Thinking about his life before looking at Precious gem.

"So, whats your story?" 

#14 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

Having sat down on her haunches, she listened to the whole story. "That was quite the tale," she remarked. "I am glad that things turned out so well for you. For me, I was born a regular, run of the mill earth pony. I can't say I had a bad life, but it sure was boring. When a dragon slept nearby, his smoke covered my entire town. That...was amazing. We like to think our princesses are mighty, but glaciers don't melt just because Celestia walks by. Now this person on the other hand, he affected the very lands just by sleeping! I just HAD to meet him. Turns out, that was easily done because my town send forth an entire group to ask the dear to move. He didn't really want to, because turns out, his cave, one of several that he owns,  had been there  even before our village was founded and we were thus technically trespassing. He had been going from cave to cave, getting asked to leave, and to him we were like vermin living everywhere. The longer I spend time with him, the more I just knew that I wanted to spend more time with him, Attor. That is when I offered to be his servant in return for moving to another cave one more time. He picked a really high and cold one this time to try and get some peace and quiet. 

"And that was how I met my Master. He was interested at first into having a servant, but soon felt disappointed at me being so weak and little--not to mention I had no fire. But I tried my best, and in between asking him to regal me with more tales of his draconic glory, he taught me how to use the magic that slowly pours out of every earth pony, and make fire with it so that I could better serve him. Like a seed finally getting light, I blossomed open slowly grew into the titanic beauty I am today."

At this, she sat up and spread her wings wide to reveal her full glory, and turned around. With a proud smile she released the spell keeping her at a normal size, and reverted to what is normal to her. With her size, claws, wings and red mane, she resembled a big manticore that showed off her grace and power, before a small sad smile slides over her lips.

"That...is when Attor left me. He told me that he loved me, and that he wished to see me grow into the fine dragon that he knew was hiding into my heart. But to do that, I would need to go out and BE a dragon. He told me that I had to go and search for him, while acting in every way as a true dragon would."

Her eyes grew distant, and she reached for the horizon. "One day I shall find him again, and when I do, I will meet him as an equal."

#15 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

Shadow smiled "You look very pretty. And i didn't know ponies dated dragons" 

#16 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

She blushed. "Oh, well, he did not, not really. I mean, the size difference alone. His thingy was bigger than me, so even though he was really handsome, and charming, and caring, and protective, and brave--oh, and did I mention he is very intelligent--it can only really work out between us if I can mature into his equal instead of just being some mayfly to him."

#17 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

Shadow grinned "I guess you'll just have to settle for pony Stallions for the time being" he paused tapping his chin " Besides, not all of us are afraid of a mare with a with claws and muscle. Kinda of cute to be honest" he said with a wink 

#18 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

She walked up to him, and rubbed her tail against him like a cat. "Now don't you be getting any ideas, "shorty". I assure you that I am most definitely not deprived of attention and I can wrap any stallion around my delicate pinky if I so chose." She roved her eyes over his manly and muscular body, but then grinned. "I do believe we are on a mission to pick up a certain bug and then swim in a pool of bits."

#19 Shadowrunner Darkfire

Shadowrunner Darkfire

• Helpstaff
  • 592 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

Shadow grinned "Any Stallion ey? Well, wrap away if you can. And while it is true we are after the Changeling queen. I all ready have a lot of bits and gems and shiny things. I just want to get her home, Don't know why she left but they really want her back. And she looked cute. " he said and smiled "Not as pretty as you but still" Shadow stared into the woods and smiled as the cool breeze passed by "It's getting late, we should start walking. Should make it by night fall" 

#20 Felyon

Felyon

Enthusiastic Lore Fan

• Roleplayer
  • 6014 posts

Donator

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

"Flatterer. Very well, lead on." She began to follow whilst inquiring further into her main topic of interest. "So, are you continuing your transformation? Are you on a steady diet of herbs and potions, perchance? Oh, apologies. I did not mean to discriminate. Do you eat meat as well? I honestly do not know what Timber Wolves eat."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users