Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Griffon

Gerard

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asbel Lhant

Asbel Lhant

Pony

• 70 posts
  • LocationRichard's Castle

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

Roleplay Area: FFA
Name: Gerard
Sex: Male
Species: Griffon
Eye Color: Unknown
Skin Color(s): Tan Brown
Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style: None. He's a Griffon.
Physique: Athletic Griffon
Cutie Mark: None. Griffons don't have Cutie Marks.
Residence: Vulcan Blaze's headquarters.
Personality: Mysterious
History: Gerard was a swordsman of Griffinstone Kingdom. He loses his eyesight after a battle with Vulcan Blaze and is left for dead. As a result of losing his sight his other senses have become much more acute overtime. Suddenly, he hears the sound of a stream to which he ran towards. After arriving, he realized how far he had walked to get to the stream and wondered how he was able to hear it. Soon he realized he had developed hearing surpassing normal limits. He then joins Vulcan's Elite squad under the condition that he may attempt to kill him at any time. During his time with Vulcan, he uses a spear called “rochin” and a shield called “tinbe”. He possesses the ability to sense movements through hearing. Because of his fight with Vulcan. He uses both the blade and the heavy sphere in his spear to attack the opponent quickly. However, if the sphere gets destroyed, he splits the spear in half and uses it with the shield. First, he uses the shield to deflect the opponent's attack, keeping it in front of the opponent's face in order to block their sight. While they are blind to any attack, he uses the spear to quickly stab any part of the body of the opponent.

Image:
dc0701f11f5580a9f964e9300b665431.png

Alignment: Evil Horns.png

Powers/Abilities:

Elite Fighter: Gerard possesses a mastery of many different weapons. He can wield both swords and shields and even spears and lances masterfully.

Weapons/Equipment/Paraphernalia:

A spear and a shield: During his time with Vulcan, Gerard uses a spear called “rochin” and a shield called “tinbe”.

Weaknesses:

Blindness: Gerard is Blind.

#2 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 809 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

Only detail to note, is that when losing one sight the other senses don't immediately enhance to compensate. A suggested edit is to show a bit of time had passed, no need to state how long simply that it had, before he noticed his sense of hearing had increased with the part of him hearing a stream at such a distance. Perhaps also that the loss of his sight could have prevented him from fighting until he learned to overcome this weakness.

In my opinion, it would make him seem more badass and interesting if he had to work towards overcoming and compensating for his loss of sight, instead of the implication that his other sense increased suddenly and he was able to continuing fighting. The overcoming a challenge instead of simply not having there be one, especially if despite such hard work there are times his loss of sight still causes him some issues. Such as the inability to read and others talking about seeing things when he can't.

#3 Asbel Lhant

Asbel Lhant

Pony

• 70 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Only detail to note, is that when losing one sight the other senses don't immediately enhance to compensate. A suggested edit is to show a bit of time had passed, no need to state how long simply that it had, before he noticed his sense of hearing had increased with the part of him hearing a stream at such a distance. Perhaps also that the loss of his sight could have prevented him from fighting until he learned to overcome this weakness.

In my opinion, it would make him seem more badass and interesting if he had to work towards overcoming and compensating for his loss of sight, instead of the implication that his other sense increased suddenly and he was able to continuing fighting. The overcoming a challenge instead of simply not having there be one, especially if despite such hard work there are times his loss of sight still causes him some issues. Such as the inability to read and others talking about seeing things when he can't.

The FFA section actually has rules about detail now? Ouch...This could be a problem...

#4 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 809 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:52 AM

Not so much, but I do feel more detail would help make your character stronger in concept.

As I said, him working to overcome his weakness and his other senses becoming more enhanced over time would make him more badass, because he had to struggle for it so as to still following his career as an assassin. 

#5 Asbel Lhant

Asbel Lhant

Pony

• 70 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:15 AM

Not so much, but I do feel more detail would help make your character stronger in concept.

As I said, him working to overcome his weakness and his other senses becoming more enhanced over time would make him more badass, because he had to struggle for it so as to still following his career as an assassin. 

He kind of did do that unless you're saying I should have him do it by RP. But I didn't think it would matter if everything was already set in stone for him since he's meant to just be a villain/antagonist in RPs.

#6 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1976 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:59 AM

:scold: Approved for FFA use. :hehe:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users