Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Pegasus

Earth Miracle - "Emi" [FINAL]

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

Roleplay Area: -
Name: -
Nickname: -
Sex: -
Species: -
Eye Color: -
Skin Color(s): -
Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style: -

Physique:

Cutie Mark: -

Residence: -

Occupation

Personality: -

Cherish: -

Dislikes: -

Advantages

Flaws: 

History: 

Relationship/Family: -

#2 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

Princess of Hats

• Roleplayer
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Heya Colt!

According to the Roleplay Rules, each user is only allowed on [Final] bio and one [WIP] bio. Currently, you have two WIP bios. Could you finish one up soon, or have one be archived for the time being? Thanks!

#3 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

Heya Colt!

According to the Roleplay Rules, each user is only allowed on [Final] bio and one [WIP] bio. Currently, you have two WIP bios. Could you finish one up soon, or have one be archived for the time being? Thanks!

Sup tales thanks for the concern

I thought I got permission to make a second WIP. I will finish her tonight and change her to final.

#4 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

Princess of Hats

• Roleplayer
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

I thought I got permission to make a second WIP. I will finish her tonight and change her to final.

No worries dude. ;) Comment when she's updated!

#5 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Ready to be reviewed sorry for the troubles 

#6 Techno Tealeaf

Techno Tealeaf

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Hello Colt, I've looked over your bio for Emi and while it's looking good I do have a few concerns.

On Emi's age it's listed as 21. This would make her a mare, if you could please change it from 21 to 'Mare' that would be perfect.

If I understand correctly Emi's special tallent is singing, but her cutie mark is of a lotus with a star. Have you thought about possibly changing her cutie mark to better represent her talent for singing? At first glance it looks like Emi's tallent would be for growing lotus blossoms.

And while reading about Emi's time with her dragon friend it was a little confusing. Did Emi live with this dragon or just visit a lot?

Finally GreenSaddles Town isn't an approved place on the WTW map. You could say that she's from a town on the southern end of equestria, that way you can still have the back story you'd like while still following WTW cannon.

Edited by Techno Tealeaf, 15 June 2013 - 12:02 AM.
edits for clarity and spelling

#7 ZephyrBurst

ZephyrBurst

Awesome Mini-Boss

• Staff
  • 359 posts

Donator

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

If I understand correctly Emi's special tallent is singing, but her cutie mark is of a lotus with a star. Have you thought about possibly changing her cutie mark to better represent her talent for singing? At first glance it looks like Emi's tallent would be for growing lotus blossoms.

Just an opinion here, but I don't think anyone should be part of creating the cutie mark of their character except the creator. While I didn't (and it seems you as well) fully understand the reasoning behind the lotus in its correlation to her singing, the creator has a specific reason. We can question it, but asking to change it seems unreasonable.

#8 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hello Colt, I've looked over your bio for Emi and while it's looking good I do have a few concerns.

On Emi's age it's listed as 21. This would make her a mare, if you could please change it from 21 to 'Mare' that would be perfect.

And while reading about Emi's time with her dragon friend it was a little confusing. Did Emi live with this dragon or just visit a lot?

Sup dood or doodess as I cant tell. Im afraid I wont change her cutie mark, maybe you didn't understand it or i was unable to explain but her talent is to share her feelings with her music and make an effect others with it. Her cutie mark is symbolic yes and not very "direct" but it will stay what it is and I WONT CHANGE it, also I don't see whats the deal with her CM. I would invite you to try to understand the symbolism of the image instead of just watching a star and a flower.

The other changes are made her age and place of origin are now as you asked hope now its OK to be approved.

#9 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

Princess of Hats

• Roleplayer
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Sup dood or doodess as I cant tell. Im afraid I wont change her cutie mark, maybe you didn't understand it or i was unable to explain but her talent is to share her feelings with her music and make an effect others with it. Her cutie mark is symbolic yes and not very "direct" but it will stay what it is and I WONT CHANGE it, also I don't see whats the deal with her CM. I would invite you to try to understand the symbolism of the image instead of just watching a star and a flower.

Woah man, chill out. Like you said, maybe Techno didn't understand the meaning behind the Cutie Mark. Why don't you clarify and explain it a bit more, both so that the staff understand its meaning, and other users who will read Emi's bio in the future. Refusing to work with staff won't get either of us anywhere, and generally the staff want to compromise with users wherever possible. So again, perhaps a little clarification is all that's needed. ;)

#10 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Ponyfeather this is why I hate being pasionate about something, im just being strong defending my point dont go nuts about it, this is the internet girl take it easy.

#11 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

Princess of Hats

• Roleplayer
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Ponyfeather this is why I hate being pasionate about something, im just being strong defending my point to go nuts about it, this is the internet girl take it easy.

From my perspective, you were the one that needed to take it easy. There's no need to be uppity, we're all here to have fun. :)

#12 Hurricane

Hurricane

Big Wing Pegasus

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Pains me to admit this but I agree with Tales on this one, I can understand your passion Colt but please remain calm and composed. We're all here to have a good time, and you are Techno's first assignment as an RP Helper, so please bear with them. Cutie marks can have a symbolic meaning Cheerilee being a perfect example therein. How does flowers with smiling faces on them indicate 'school teacher'.

I do have another issue to address. Zephyr, please do not post on other ponies apps with things like that, ESPECIALLY to a brand new RP Helper. Techno is trying their best right now, and negative comments like that are not appreciated. I accept that you have an opinion in the matter, but if you do, please keep it to PMs, and please be tactful about it

I will now leave this to Techno to decide if they are happy to more this on to pending or not~ Have at it!

#13 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

So is she accepted or not? 4 real guys I have been waiting to play here for more than a month and I cant get one OC accepted, as you say this place is to have fun and I want to have fun please for faust sake let me have fun

#14 Techno Tealeaf

Techno Tealeaf

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Sorry for the late reply, I was away most of the weekend.

Colt I want to start by thanking you for taking the advice I posted and for changing Emi a bit. I am going to ask for a little more information about her cutie mark.

"Emi's Cutiemark represents how her music can share her feelings and work wonders to those who listen to it. The "wing clefs" below the star are a symbolism for her music they support and bring the stars that foretells a gorgeous bloom."

From this description I can see that Emi's tallent is music and singing, but the part about "the stars that fortell a gorgeous bloom" has me a little confused. Do you mean that Emi's singing changes people and helps them to 'grow'?

#15 Colt

Colt

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

From this description I can see that Emi's tallent is music and singing, but the part about "the stars that fortell a gorgeous bloom" has me a little confused. Do you mean that Emi's singing changes people and helps them to 'grow'?

Not grow as in size or maturity but you could say that about her feelings and ideas, she uses her music to channel her feelings to others and make effects on them. Here some examples:

• You feel sad because you are all alone, Emi will play a song for you maybe using this to channel her feelings for you showing that you are important to  her.
  • A certain pony is stressed or scared for something, Emi can perform a melody to share her care and make others relax and feel safe.
  • A group of ponies is down on their esteem and think they cant go further, she will perform for them and use the fire in her soul and try to motivate them and hype up.

Thats the idea behind her skills and CM, hope this helps

#16 Techno Tealeaf

Techno Tealeaf

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thank you for your patience and for further explaining Emi's cutie mark. I've now moved her into the Pending area for further review.

#17 Hurricane

Hurricane

Big Wing Pegasus

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm happy to shift this into accepted, sorry for the delay

StampApproved.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pegasus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users