Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Video Games

E3 Thoughts

e3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sevofthesands

sevofthesands

Pony

• 69 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

while i have not watched or went to e3 i did hear alot about it.and im wondering if anyone has their own thoughts on it.

#2 Penumbra

Penumbra

Parasprite

• 9 posts
  • LocationEquestrian Wasteland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Xbox one: Waste of time.

PS4: eh..but no incentive to buy it. 

Wii U: HA HA HA HA HA HA...no.

No Fallout 4.

I might stick with the 360 and PS3 for a bit and maybe move completely onto PC gaming.

#3 Iza-chan

Iza-chan

Chocolate Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 382 posts
  • Locationwith Heichou

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

tumblr_mo8gyw28jF1rmvijso1_500.gif

#4 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Let's see....

Microsoft.: Better presentation than their X-One reveal, but most of the 'excluseves' were not actually exclusives... They didnt really give me an incentive to buy it ove anything else...the games looked good, maybe even great... but it will be some time before i go for that console...maybe never due to their attitude about their iffy choices...

Sony: Looks good, i like the features, the presentation was cool, but i cna't say it' was really enough for me to get excited... see, everything on PS4 and One you can also find on PC.... sure you may not have Halo or Killzone, but you you'll find a good supplement for it one the PC, whether is be a shooter, adventure, etc... So neither of those seem to be good for me...

Nintendo: now, i may buy a wii U, because this is a console you can't have the saeme experience with on a PC, it may just be a tablet with thumsticks and extra buttons, but there's nothing on the PC like that.... not to mention it's first party titles are garunteed to be entertaining... Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon... Sure, they may be similar games with new gimmicks, but you could say the same about the FPS genre, or sports... It's fun and enjoyable and i think even though the Wii was a little lackluster in the hardcore department, i still stand by them as being one of my favorite developers....

Everythign else: Pretty cool games, i dont focus too much on the other stuff because i know what to expect...

#5 Diego Havoc

Diego Havoc

Pony

• 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I think I would consider a Wii U. Nintendo was very strong this year, though I think most of what I want is on 3DS anyway.

PS4... not sure. Haven't seen anything I want yet. That said, I get my E3 news from here and tumblr, rather than E3 itself, so maybe I missed something. That said, I only got a PS3 last year, and still only have 4 games for it, so I'd give this a miss.

As for the Xbone....

#6 Conor Colton

Conor Colton

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGood Ol' Northern Ireland!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

From what I've seen Microsoft still had what would be considered a good conference. They started showing more games as opposed to features that'll be used once or twice, and seem to have a vague attempt on how to get themselves back up from their massive misstep at the Xbox One (Still think that's a stupid name by the way) reveal. But in all honestly, Sony just blew them out of the park, like they demolished Microsoft that E3.

The funny thing, Microsoft basically have them a lot of ammunition. If the Xbox One didn't cause such a stir with it's reveal I don't think Sony would have had much to show other than the games, but of course the CEO came out himself and stated that there'd be no used game restrictions and all that jazz, and we all know how well that was received. Sony was probably in a great position before E3 because all they had to do in essence was, "Look on the internet, find all the hate going around on the Xbox One, state exactly the opposite.". So it does seem Microsoft dug their own grave this time, and their not helping their image anymore by stating, "We have a console that can suit those who don't have a solid internet connection, it's called the Xbox 360" (A quote I utterly despise...)

As for the rest of the showing, was pretty good, as expected. Lot of cool stuff from Nintendo, Ubisoft all them sorts. But we can all see who took the prize home this year  ;)

#7 sevofthesands

sevofthesands

Pony

• 69 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

im just gonna put this in here and say that's  all:

jpivps.jpg

#8 CaffeinatedSage

CaffeinatedSage

Foal

• 34 posts
  • LocationTexas

Donator

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

This years E3 was the best E3 in a looooong time. Especially sonys conference.

#9 LostSanity

LostSanity

Oatmeal, are you LostSanity?!

• Roleplayer
  • 386 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

FINAL FANTASY XV

KINGDOM HEARTS III

SONY WINS.

MICROSOFT LOSES.

THE END.