Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
News

We have a chat!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MyLittlePonyTales

MyLittlePonyTales

Princess of Hats

• Roleplayer
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

If you didn't notice from the announcement currently on the front page, we now have an IRC chat room! The rules for the chat are the same as on site; please keep everything PG rated or below and appropriate for all age groups.

Enter Chat

#2 ZephyrBurst

ZephyrBurst

Awesome Mini-Boss

• Staff
  • 359 posts

Donator

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

I use my own client and never had a reason to check the chat link at the top of the page, but I was curious, so I looked at the page. It states that it wants the users to use their forum name or character name while in there. I disagree with this being a rule, but should rather be encouraged on the users instead of enforced. The reason is Darkmyst, as a server, may be a place where some of the people here normally reside for their irc goings and forcing them to change their name just to be in that channel is a very bad thing to do.

I know of at least 1 person where this is the case. The chat is pretty barren on members at this time and that one rule alone could keep it that way.

Darkmyst is also very RP oriented and if someone is in the Whitetail main channel and changes their nick for an RP elsewhere, they are then breaking the Whitetail rules. I'm not seeing any reason for enforcing this as it'll simply cause them to leave the Whitetail channel. I do think it should be encouraged if they don't reside elsewhere on the server though.

#3 Skye

Skye

Cerf Bleu

• Roleplayer
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

We'll be talking this over with Davroth, I completely understand and I think we'll need to put in some consideration and conversation to come up with a solution for this. It's not really too terribly difficult, as long as we have a clear understanding of who is what nickname, and as long as for the most part people use consistent handles when in the chat when they're not RPing I wouldn't see it being a major issue. We'll have to wait and see.

#4 Skye

Skye

Cerf Bleu

• Roleplayer
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:51 AM

Based on our discussion at this point, adherence to usernames on the chat being the same as on the forum is encouraged but not required. We would request that you use the same username on the chat as you use on the forum where possible, except where the username is already taken or if the name needs to change for an RP. If you have to use a different username, please let one of the Ops in the chat (Designated by an @ symbol next to their name) know which name you use on the forum so we can keep track of who is who. It's just a courtesy, and would be greatly appreciated by us all in helping keep the peace and harmony.

Thank you!

~Skye, your faithful peryton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users