Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Video Games

Bioshock Infinite Ending?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Foal

• 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

I have my theories, but what do y'all think happened in Bioshock Infinite?

#2 Penumbra

Penumbra

Parasprite

• 9 posts
  • LocationEquestrian Wasteland

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

After the death of Comstock, Elizabeth starts jumping dimensions with you and show you how there are infinite amount of dimension, created from single decisions. Although Comstock is dead in your world, he's still alive countless amounts of times. So Elisabeth takes you a defining point in your life. After the battle of Wounded knee Booker has the decision to become a born-again Christian, or run away. If he runs, he remains Booker Dewitt. If he stays he becomes Comstock. Elizabeth takes you here because it is the single consistent variable in all of the infinite worlds. If Booker dies here, Comstock will die. Colombia won't be created and hence New york will be saved.

The 'give us the girl and wipe away the dept' thing is Comstock using Lutece interdenominational machine to take Booker's child away (Who turns out to be Elizabeth). Booker makes the story of being in dept to gangsters or something up in his head because the Lutece twins (who aren't really twins) take him from his world and into there's. Since he didn't have a past there, he filled in the blanks himself. 

As for Booker still being alive with his daughter. 
The Lutece's did it. 

#3 Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Foal

• 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

I agree, but you're missing some things that I found. I would like your opinion.

The Luteces are the main cause of everything. They invented the machine that travels through dementions and experimented on each other, which is why theyre capable of opening them whenever they like. I have two theories of why Elizabeth can do this as well.

1.The Luteces experimented on her too. I think this because, in a voxophone recording inside their house, they are talking to Elizabeths "mom" about her and the tears.

2. When she got her finger cut off, she gained the powers. One of my friends told me this, I really have no information to back it up.

The Luteces helped Comstock take Elizabeth because Comstock was infirtile, but he wanted a decendent of himself to be the next prophet. Once the Luteces discovered that the world in every universe would be destroyed by Elizabeth, they wanted to undo what they did. Comstock tried to have them killed. They decided to bring Booker into the universe of Comstock to get Elizabeth back. They went to every universe where this happened to find the one that actually killed Comstock. This is why in the begining they made you flip a coin and head was marked roughly 100 times.

Also, the twins are actually the same people from another tear. I think this because of the flash back of the two dragging Booker, when he was creating new memories for the tear, and the male Lutece said "I know, I lived it." Also, when they were taking Anna into the tear of Comstock, he was very afraid of getting stuck.

Lemme know what you think ^-^ If you agree

#4 Starfox64x

Starfox64x

Equestrian

• 295 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Simple explanation...

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to affect, but actually, from a non-linier, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff 

but it really is an interesting talking point... although i dont have much more to contribute to the conversation that hasnt been said.

#5 Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Foal

• 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Oh Doctor Who, you seem to find your way into all my conversations.

I like to hear others opinions and how they got them, see if I missed anything.

How do y'all feel about the theory of BI? Of infinite tears

#6 Conor Colton

Conor Colton

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGood Ol' Northern Ireland!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

If I recall correctly, Miss Sunshine, the reason Elizabeth has her powers or potential to have said powers is that she has two parts of herself in different alternate dimensions. I think this was mentioned in an audio log from one of the Luteces when you first see Elizabeth in game. It mentioned a part of her still remains where she came from, and that the universe doesn't like it's peas mixed with it's porridge, which basically states that she is able to do all these things simply because she technically exists in two places at the same time (Yeah my brain hurts now).

The ending, I thought anyway was fantastic. They became so meta and it threw me through such a loop that I was thinking about days after I had turned the game off. Everything seemed relatively wrapped up, and it was great fun learning more about all of it and piecing it all together.

One thing I loved about the ending didn't even come from Bioshock Infinite, well...kinda. I don't know how they did this, probably through an update but in the original Bioshock you can hear SongBird's cry as he dies. Seriously, look that up. (If I end up mistaken, I apologize.). The game itself seemed a bit unfocused at times I'll admit, but it had one of the more satisfying conclusions in recent memory.

#7 Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Foal

• 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

Thats pretty cool! And I felt the same way about the game when I finished. Still feel that way :P Hence why I posted this! There is one thing I still cant figure out though. What was the significance of picking her choker pendant? Was that just for funsies?

#8 Conor Colton

Conor Colton

Foal

• Roleplayer
  • 23 posts
  • LocationGood Ol' Northern Ireland!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thats pretty cool! And I felt the same way about the game when I finished. Still feel that way :P Hence why I posted this! There is one thing I still cant figure out though. What was the significance of picking her choker pendant? Was that just for funsies?

Actually I think that's exactly what it was for, funsies XD

The whole game deals with choice not really mattering, like you HAVE to hand over Anna to Lutece to continue. I'm assuming they put that in there as a way of being like, "This is to help show that your decisions won't mean jack squat, 'cause you're always going to get the same outcome. :)

#9 Miss Sunshine

Miss Sunshine

Foal

• 37 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

I suppose that makes sense :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users