Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo

Firearms and the like

Firearms Bow and arrow weapons innovations

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is unexpected...

Oddly, enough... It makes more sense to me.

#22 TheRavingVixen

TheRavingVixen

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClassified

Donator

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

So, I've been doing my research on the Remington 700 and I'm in love with something I've found....

The Remington 700 is designed as a hunting or target rifle, not exactly for tactical use. The military uses a very expensive mod kit to give it Removable magazines, and another very expensive stock kit. However, I just found out Archangel has an AMAZING stock kit for it that does both, and I want it SOOO bad. 

#23 Warbrony

Warbrony

Foal

• 29 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

So, I've been doing my research on the Remington 700 and I'm in love with something I've found....

The Remington 700 is designed as a hunting or target rifle, not exactly for tactical use. The military uses a very expensive mod kit to give it Removable magazines, and another very expensive stock kit. However, I just found out Archangel has an AMAZING stock kit for it that does both, and I want it SOOO bad.

:O
I'll Indian leg wrestle you for it...

#24 TheRavingVixen

TheRavingVixen

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClassified

Donator

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

.....Or I'll just buy it with my hard earned money and have it and be awesome. 

IMG_2135.jpg

Does that not look epic or what. Takes 10 or 20 round M1A magazines, and has a built in spring opening bipod....I NEED IT.

#25 Warbrony

Warbrony

Foal

• 29 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

#26 ZephyrBurst

ZephyrBurst

Awesome Mini-Boss

• Staff
  • 359 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

These: http://tracking-point.com/

I don't necessarily like the gun itself, but the tech behind it. It's some nifty stuff. Of course, why anyone would need/want a gun like this for hunting... well really. It's a bit overkill.

#27 Warbrony

Warbrony

Foal

• 29 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

These: http://tracking-point.com/

I don't necessarily like the gun itself, but the tech behind it. It's some nifty stuff. Of course, why anyone would need/want a gun like this for hunting... well really. It's a bit overkill.

Oh that thing is pretty cool! I wouldn't use it for hunting, but those are some pretty nice gadgets!

#28 ZephyrBurst

ZephyrBurst

Awesome Mini-Boss

• Staff
  • 359 posts

Donator

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

My roommate went to school with the guy that headed the project and he lives here in Austin. So he's going to bring me to try them out sometime. I personally like the biggest of the 3 models.

#29 Warbrony

Warbrony

Foal

• 29 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

My roommate went to school with the guy that headed the project and he lives here in Austin. So he's going to bring me to try them out sometime. I personally like the biggest of the 3 models.

You have turned me into a jellyfish my good sir. That sounds amazing,

#30 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Of course, why anyone would need/want a gun like this for hunting... well really. It's a bit overkill.

It's for when you want your meat well-done.

#31 TheRavingVixen

TheRavingVixen

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClassified

Donator

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

Just saying, when your hunting a very mad 300lb Russian Razor back boar that is charging at you with 8 inch tusks out for blood...there is no such thing as overkill.

#32 SilverWisp

SilverWisp

Foal

• 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

The Not on Planet Earth Cannon...Also know as, the Nope Cannon...Take a look

515.gif

#33 Nightbloom

Nightbloom

Bat Seed

• 71 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow! In Austria.

Donator

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Uuuuh, a gun thread!

Well, I do not own any weapon at all (except for a kbife), but working at the Austrian military gave me access to a lot of fun stuff to play with!

The biggest handheld gun I've fired was a 20mm Anzio rifle. And that rifle is biiiig! You can probably see it on the pictures when you're following the link. I fell in love with that gun, and I wish I could have seen it more often.

The 20mm rifle was only a summer love. I had an arranged marriage with the STG77 (some know it as Steyr AUG or from games like Counter Strike), and I learned to love it after the marriage. It's light, compact, ambidextrous, comes with a visor and by changing the barrel you can switch that assault rifle into a submachine gun or a light machine gun with bipod. Our police forces have it too, with 9mm instead of the 5.56mm ammunition. And apparently this Made in Austria weapon is used all around the globe. Also it's easy to maintain. I hardly have any jams with it when cleaned properly, not even with blank rounds. (I think blanks jam more often...)

Next on my list is the P80, but most of you will know it better as Glock 17. I like the gun, but we have a saying over here, describing the gun: "Zum Schießen pfui, ansonsten hui!" Translated it says, that it's bad for shooting, but otherwise great. I really like the design, and I like looking at it, but I don't get to shoot it too often. And FPS Russia has already shown just how durable it can be.

Has anyone of you ever played the Call of Duty games? Or any game set during the second world war? Then you know "Hitler's scythe", the MG42. The current version, the MG74, is basically the same but without the wooden stock and with lesser rate of fire. I hate carrying it and it's ammunition and spare barrels, but I LOVE firing it. Nothing says "That hill is mine!" like that beauty.

Next is the PAR 66/79, or Carl Gustav, or Charlie G. Fired it only once, and it is loud... but it was totally worth it that I took the ear protectors off. Comes in anti-tank-, airbursting anti-infantry- and illumination-flavors. Relatively easy to clean, but heavy... same as the MG74: Shooting? Yes! Carrying? No!

The SSG69. I honeytly don't know what to say about it. Sniper rifle with 7.62mm bullets. Nice to feel some recoil in comparison to the STG77, but I haven't spend much time with it.

Last but defenitely not least, my pride, the Ulan. I've secretly named her Natalia. 28 tons of steel, 720 horsepower, a 30mm autocannon and all the comfort the military allows. 70 kilometers per hour. 700 rounds per minute with 3000 meters range. After the third shot the computer compensates for the recoil (don't ask me why it doesn't do so sooner). It comes with fire modes for single shot or up to five shot burst, but there's an override for that, allowing to use the full rate of fire. Speaking if which, there's an override for everything. Smoke grenade launchers can't be activated because the hatch is open? Override! Gun stops shooting because the barrel is getting hot? Override! Speed is limited to 40 km/h because of the uneven ground? Override! Practically every security feature has it's override. And the best about this weapon?

I don't need to carry it! :3

#34 Dessa

Dessa

Sprite Donor

• 316 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul, Minneighsota

Donator

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

*slowly backs out of Vixen's driveway*

#35 TheRavingVixen

TheRavingVixen

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClassified

Donator

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Psht, if you're ever in my drive way Dessa come on up and knock on the door and we'll go something fun....and totally not lethal or inappropriate, just don't get mad when I conceal carry the whole time we're doing it :) I'm not a violent pony, until I need to be. 

(Disclaimer, my idea of when I need to be violent and yours may be very different)

#36 Neon Streaks

Neon Streaks

Foal

• 12 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

NEW WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 Dawn Rider

Dawn Rider

Stallion

• Roleplayer
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAustralia!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

As a member of the Australian Military, my only experience with weapons is with the F88 Steyr and F89 Minimi...this being said...it's pretty awesome. Although the carbon buildup on these weapons is disgraceful...not to mention I had my own rifle's barrel locking stud FALL OFF during a fire and movement excersize <_<

#38 Biker Dash

Biker Dash

Foal

• 20 posts
  • LocationIn the deepest, darkest pit within my mind.

Donator

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Currently, I don't own any guns, but in the past, i have owned a pair of .357 Magnum revolvers, (Taurus M-66 and a Rossi M971) and a Colt Delta Gold Cup in 10mm. Yeah... I like my guns to pack a punch.  :crazy:

I do have a bunch of knives around, all with razor sharp edges, and this nice sword which has scared off a pair of local punks who thought they would include my apartment in their break-in spree...

102_0035.jpg

#39 TheRavingVixen

TheRavingVixen

Pony

• Roleplayer
  • 99 posts
  • LocationClassified

Donator

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

So, got a few new members to the family

IMG_20131130_164836_546_zps8a3e5492.jpg?

The whole family together, from left to right: Springfield XD45, Mossburg 702 Plinkster .22, 1940 Tula Mosin-Nagant(Винтовка Мосина) M91/30, Springfield .410, Ruger P95DC 9mm, Bulgarian Circle 10 Makarov PM (Пистолет Макарова), Remington 870 (work in progress, update photos coming after christmas) Winchester Singleshot 12 Gauge with my paintjob, AK-74 (Автомат Калашникова образца 1974 года) and all my 30 round mags for it, lastly Sig Saur P250 .45ACP

IMG_20131130_155746_249_zps5e15c5a9.jpg?

Top: Circle 10 Makarov PM (Пистолет Макарова), Ruger P95DC 9mm, Springfield XD45 .45ACP, Sig Saur P250 .45ACP.

IMG_20131130_170404_145_zpsefed05e7.jpg?

Pistol Ammo in my newest of 3 cache's 225 x .22LR, 58 x 9x18 Makarov, 400 9x19 Parabellum, 700 x .45ACP, 

IMG_20131130_171111_441_zps59700072.jpg?

Long Gun new cache: 10 x 30 Round AK-74 Mags, 340 x 5.45x39mm, 445 x 7.62x54R, 30 x Military 00 buck 12 gauge, 35 x 1oz Hollowpoint Rifled Deer Slug, 10 PDX1 Rifled Deerslug/00 buckshot, 50 x Military 00 buck (plastic cases x25 each)

that's all for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users