Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Unicorn

Light Harmony (Ready)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Roleplay Area: Land of Equestria

Name: Light Harmony

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Skin Color(s): His coat is a pure white

Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style:  Light's mane goes down to about the end of his neck and s stretchs up above his horn.  The mane comes down on one side of his face in little diagonals.  His mane goes above his horn.  His mane is two different colours.  It is a light blue and a dark red.  The colours go with each other very well.  His tail is very long and almost goes down to the ground when he walks.  But his tail is the same colours as his mane.  His tail colours split down the middle. One half is dark red and the other half is the light blue.

Physique:  Light is about the average size of any regualr stallion but he is a bit smaller seeing as how he is not that old. He is not very weighty but   he isn't skin and bones.  As for muscles, Light is not muscular but he is not weak

Cutie Mark:  Light's cutie mark is a few music notes sitting side by side.

Light got his cutie mark when he was younger. When Light was young his parents actually suppressed music and they wanted Light to be a sciency and smart type of pony.  Light's parents saw music as a waste of time and energy for him.  They thought he should focus more on  school related business. Because Light and his parents lived in Canterlot.  But whenever his parents sent him off to the school he went to Light would often sneak off and seclude himself and listen to the birds singing in the woods.  One day when Light snuck off he came across a  tree that he noticed more and more birds were going to and coming from.  Light approached the tree and found a lone stallion calmly playing music behind a tree.The two talked for a while and Light found out that he was a music teacher. Light Light started asking him questions about music and such and he told Light he would teach him about music since he seemed so interested in it. Light was quite excited. He felt as if he was going to be learning from a master of music, but the stallion was just a normal music loving pony who wanted to teach others about music. But Light didn't know that when he was young, he never even really learned his name, he just called him, "Teacher" most of the time

Residence: Las Pegasus

Occupation:  Light does not actually have a job yet.  He has not been thinking about a job since he just finished his studies in music but he wants to play his music for as many ponies he can. 

Personality: 

And so, Light visited the stallion almost everyday and always had fun with him.  One day he was playing a song with her and he was finally able to play a part in a song he was never able to play before.  The next thing he knew was that he had his cutie mark.  The stallion was so happy for him, and Light was happy for himself. After getting his new cutie mark Light returned home to tell his parents about the wondrous thing that had happened. At first his parents wanted to scold him for not going to classes like he should have. But they both remembered how excited they were when they got their cutie marks. So they congratulated Light and all that he had done.  

Light tries to be one of the nicest ponies. He will usually go out of his way to help out a pony who is either not feeling well or just down at the moment. He wants everypony to be happy. Though he sometimes can seem like a pushover because of his niceness. Even though he wants to express happiness among the ponies he meets, he is usually a quiet kind of pony. He often likes to keep to himself and often stays at his home and plays his music. He does however get out and enjoy himself, every now and then. He has a great group of friends and even though he is quiet, he never rejects the idea of meeting new friends. When Light is playing his music, he is in the zone and he is focused. It seems like nothing can break his concentration. While he is playing he not only plays the music, he listens to it as well. Listens down to it that is. Music is very important to him and all. He is a normal talker unless provoked onto the subject of music, or cats. He has a quaint little affection for cats. Though he doesn't have one, he has always loved the little animals. His sense of humor is great. He is always open to hear new jokes and even tell the jokes once in a while. Though he never really tells the jokes that often. He enjoys being with his friends and just being in Las Pegasus really. He loves the city. 

Light, like everypony, has his flaws. He is quick to judge a pony he just glances at even if he doesn't know them. Light can often be flirtatious and he wouldn't even know it. He doesn't handle angry or agitated ponies that well. Even though Light loves to be with his friends and all, he never admits it but he hates waiting for his food if they go out to eat a restaurant. He usually gets angry when he has to wait around really for anything. Light also has a bad sense of time as well. He has often reminded himself to wear a watch or something, but he never does. Another thing Light hates, is being made fun of for messing up when he is playing. Even if he is just practicing a piece or what not and somepony happens to hear him slip up. Light will often just say something like, "I meant to do that." When he really didn't. 

Light's zest for life is fueled by his intense burning passion for music not only keeps him going. It helps him enjoy life so much more.

History: Light was born and raised in his first few years in Canterlot. There he learned how to be courteous and kind and what not, mostly from his parents. Life for Light growing up was never really fun for him. It was always rules here and rules there. He never really had a lot of freedom at home. Don't get his parents wrong, they loved him and he loved them as well, Light just had a different mind set than they did. He dealt with the rules though. Interaction with his peers growing up was fine for Light. Light enjoyed getting to meet with his friends and play games and just enjoy themselves. Light's parents still live in Canterlot. Light's mother and father both work in business. Such as counting bits and sorting files and what not. Nothing that sounded interesting to Light. Even though Light didn't get a job in business like his parents originally wanted, they are growing more attached to their son's job and what he does. He has a cutie mark in it and all! Light is still a young stallion and all, and he does try to visit his parents quite often. Usually only once a month or so. What with Light living in Las Pegasus and all. 

Light felt like he always failed his parents when he was younger for not getting a job in business or something. But he also can't imagine what his life would be like if he had gotten a cutie mark in business. While he respected ponies who had jobs in business. He respected all ponies and their job choices. But all ponies were entitled to liking their own things. Even though he felt as if he failed, he also felt as if he succeeded. By not doing what his parents wanted, he found his cutie mark, and ultimately...his destiny.

Even though his beginnings suppressed music, he now makes a living through his musical talents and is happier than ever.

#2 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hi there!

I'm here to make some comments on your application and work towards getting it approved  :)

The physical description is good! Well done  :D

Currently we don't have any zebra lore, so the story with Light and the zebra may need to change in the future. Additionally, how is this zebra different from any regular music teacher? Does he/she have a name? Why did she teach him music? How did their friendship develop? These are just some questions to think about and expand on.

In your History section you repeated and summarized many things that you said in the Personality section. You could expand on this section or simply organize your application a little more.

One more topic I'd like to bring up is flaws. Everypony has flaws, maybe even just imperfections. This character, as you've presented him, seems to lack flaws. That's actually a big problem, because flaws are necessary for showing a wide variety of emotions in a character. Characters without flaws make for a pretty boring RP. So what are Light's flaws? I'd like to know.

#3 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi there!

I'm here to make some comments on your application and work towards getting it approved  :)

The physical description is good! Well done  :D

Currently we don't have any zebra lore, so the story with Light and the zebra may need to change in the future. Additionally, how is this zebra different from any regular music teacher? Does he/she have a name? Why did she teach him music? How did their friendship develop? These are just some questions to think about and expand on.

In your History section you repeated and summarized many things that you said in the Personality section. You could expand on this section or simply organize your application a little more.

One more topic I'd like to bring up is flaws. Everypony has flaws, maybe even just imperfections. This character, as you've presented him, seems to lack flaws. That's actually a big problem, because flaws are necessary for showing a wide variety of emotions in a character. Characters without flaws make for a pretty boring RP. So what are Light's flaws? I'd like to know.

Hey! Thank you for reviewing my application :) After reading over what you have said I can't believe I missed all of that! 

So, I've changed the zebra to a stallion and put just a bit more into it. I added some MUCH needed flaws and such :) I anticipate your response to see if anything else needs to be changed!

#4 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yay! I'm glad to see such a positive reaction. It's a great app overall, but I still have a few nitpicks. Just a few, though!  :)

The section about the stallion being his music teacher is vastly improved! I think it's fully up to speed. However, you should move the cutie mark story to the "Cutie Mark" section of the application to clear up confusion.

Even though he wants to express happiness among the ponies he meets, he is usually a quite kind of pony.

I'm not sure if you mean quiet or quaint. Otherwise, I think the personality section and flaws section look good.

Light, born into a regular Canterlot family started off life young and his life was full of rules and restrictions. Light, being the young colt he was, never enjoyed the rules. His parents wanted Light to study and hopefully get a job and cutie mark in math and business and what not. But you can't alter destiny. As Light went to school he became friends with a zebra who showed him the ways of music. After a few trips to the zebra, Light finally eared his musically inclined cutie mark. He showed his parents and they accepted it. Once Light got older, he moved to Las Pegasus and now lives on his own. He makes a living through his musical talents. 

I'm not sure why you chose to include this at the very end of your application. It's not necessary and basically sums up everything you've already said. I suggest simply making a brief closing statement about Light's history, like "Even though his beginnings suppressed music, he now makes a living through his musical talents and is happier than ever."

Alrighty, I think this application is just about there! Go ahead and make some changes then I'll take another look at it.

#5 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yay! I'm glad to see such a positive reaction. It's a great app overall, but I still have a few nitpicks. Just a few, though!  :)

The section about the stallion being his music teacher is vastly improved! I think it's fully up to speed. However, you should move the cutie mark story to the "Cutie Mark" section of the application to clear up confusion.

I'm not sure if you mean quiet or quaint. Otherwise, I think the personality section and flaws section look good.

I'm not sure why you chose to include this at the very end of your application. It's not necessary and basically sums up everything you've already said. I suggest simply making a brief closing statement about Light's history, like "Even though his beginnings suppressed music, he now makes a living through his musical talents and is happier than ever."

Alrighty, I think this application is just about there! Go ahead and make some changes then I'll take another look at it.

Ahhh I see! Darn spelling errors! It was supposed to be quiet :) Fixed that! 

Put the cutie mark story with the cutie mark (Honestly don't know how I got that wrong  :chill: )

Annnnddd I got rid of the last part! The sentence you wrote I thought was perfect :) 

#6 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

It looks good to me! I'm moving you into the "pending" section now. 

#7 Hurricane

Hurricane

Big Wing Pegasus

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

StampApproved.png

Boom de Yada!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users