Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Pegasus

Cloud Flicker (Ready!)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:43 AM

Roleplay Area: Land of Equestria

Name: Cloud Flicker

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Skin Color: Lavender 

Mane/Tail Color(s) & Style: Her mane and tail are both a light brown color. Her Mane on parts to the left on her head and falls down rather long past her eye. A little bit below her chin. Down her neck her mane goes down and is braided at the end to keep it from spreading. The braided part is also on the left.

Physique: She has a small build. Like most mares. But she is agile as well.

Cutie Mark: A tan colored map. With a few marks leading to a big black "X".

Cloud was among the last of her classmates to get her cutie mark. Mainly because all of the things they seemed to do in her class whether the things be outside or inside seemed to bore her. Cloud as a young one liked to believe in her own cutie marks. She had a few ideas for these types of cutie marks that she thought would suit her best. But she was always sad when the ideas for the cutie marks she would come up with would never suit her interests. She once imagined a cutie mark that was two roses crossed. She hated botany and really anything to do with flowers and what not. She just thought that kind of cutie mark looked cool. 

As everypony in all of Equestria Cloud had her interests. She especially had an interest in studying Geography and learning how things in nature were made. Like the big things, like oceans or mountains and how they formed the Equestria they walked on today. She would often take her book home and read it aloud to her father and mother. They would simply listen and act like they were really learning something. Even though they already knew this. 

Cloud was born a Canterlot pony but she never acted like one at all. She wasn't about the hoity toity attitude and what not. Instead of going out to parties or getting together to listen to music or study art Cloud found herself studying a map of Canterlot. When she was studying the map her mother would ask her why she was doing this. Cloud would tell her mother that she wanted to know Canterlot like the back of her hooves. 

And so after a few days of spending countless hours studying that map it was time to put it to the test. When Cloudarrived at school their teacher informed them that they would be having a fun little scavenger hunt! The teacher gave every student a small map of a section of Canterlot and the list of clues to find the things. But when Cloud got her paper...the map was all scratched out! It had stains on it and scribbles and was hardly readable. Cloud could only make out a few marks on the map and when she tried to tell her teacher the scavenger hunt was initiated. Without wanted to waste anytime Cloud set out as fast as she could. She took a look at the map and went through the process of turning not only the map different directions but her head at different angles. She was actually able to tell where she was! She then bolted off and started finding the items as fast as she could. There were only 4 items on the list and she had found them all. Cloud hurried back to the classroom to find that she was the first to return. She was also the student who won the scavenger hunt. And she earned her cutie mark.

Residence: Canterlot

Personality: Cloud is generally a fun loving mare. Except when she is working. When she is working she likes to have complete silence so she can focus on what she is working on. One of the things she is scared of is making a mistake when she is working. But all the other times Cloud is just as free spirited and happy as ever! She has the most zest for life that anypony could have. Mainly because one of her life dreams is to visit every land or major city or forest or puddle in Equestria! Basically, she wants to see it all. So she likes to stay happy in life and look forward to the next day for she might just see something new. She often likes to treat everyday as a new Adventure.

Cloud is slow to make friends with new ponies. Not because she is mean or anything, it's just she is a quiet mare around ponies she doesn't know. But, sometimes she will speak first. Though not all of the time. She gets along great with the friends she already has.  She isn't a fast talker, she speaks quite normally even when she is excited. 

Cloud has her flaws. She can get kind of cocky actually. This only happens really when she gets in an argument. She feels like she has to win almost every argument. She often rushes into things she doesn't know what she is getting into. Which always causes problems. She has a bad habit of not keeping track of time as well.  And she has a bad sense of coming off as flirting with stallions when she is just talking.

Cloud does in fact have a very peculiar sense of humor. She also has a very funny laugh and she knows it and it often causes others to laugh when she laughs. Which causes her to laugh even more. She never likes to see her friends down in the dumps. Even if the situation is out of her hooves she always wants to try her best to help them.

History: Cloud was born and raised in Canterlot. Growing up for her was a bit strange. The young Cloud never liked to do any of the stereotypical Canterlot things. Now there was the occasion when her mother would force her to get all dressed up in frilly clothes and go to some gathering or something. Those were the things she disliked. But as time passed, Cloud learned to accept them and they started to get more fun the more she went to them. In school Virginia was a good student. She didn't socialize with the, what she called "Fancy", ponies. But rather the students that were like her. She had friends in school and got along with them well.

Her mother and Father were all about the high life of Canterlot. Her father was a banker and her mother owned a local jewelry store there in town. Her father always knew that Cloud would never become a banker so he never attempted to take her to work with him. Her mother though, wanted her to follow her in steps. Cloud would go with her mother but never really pay attention. 

Though through the time of Cloud growing up her mother was able to accept the fact that she didn't want to be like her mother. She knew she meant no rudeness by it. But once her parents found out about Cloud's cutie mark and her knack for maps and what not, they were quite happy. 

Time passed and now Cloud lives in Canterlot and works at the local history museum. She sees her parents regularly in fact since they live so close and all. Cloud believes that she has succeeded in her life. But she feels that she still has a whole lot more to do. Sure she has a job and a home and loving parents. But she still wants to accomplish her dream of seeing everywhere in Equestria. She still sticks to treating everyday as if it were a new adventure.

#2 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hi there! I'm here to make some comments in order to help get this application approved!  :D

First things first, I'm not sure that we would ever hear of a pony named Virginia Dare. It sounds very human. As the Character Biography Form says, "Please make sure that when making a pony, the name sounds as if it would casually be said by a character in show. If it sounds funny, it probably won't fit into the Roleplay world. Ponies are not named George or Martha, they are named Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie or Rarity. See the difference?"

I'm just not sure that Virginia, as a name, is going to work. Do you think you could think of another one?

And she was awarded and even greater prize than what the teacher offered her. 

I'm not sure what this sentence means, I'm sorry :/

Virginia does in fact have a very peculiar sense of humor. She also has a very funny laugh and she knows it and it often causes others to laugh when she laughs. Which causes her to laugh even more.

8O  This is the story of my life!  :D

Honestly, I'm confused about her career. You say she's a map maker, and that she wants to be an archaeologist, and then you say that she works at the local history museum. On top of all that, you say she likes to work alone in silence. I'm confused...

While we're on this topic, I must say that I find it kind of strange that you would call her a Map Maker instead of a Cartographer. Saying she's a map maker kind of makes it sound like she prints copies of maps.

I love adventure ponies. I think with a little work this could be a truly excellent application  :)

#3 Flipthetables

Flipthetables

Princess of Friendship

• Staff
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationSkyloft

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Hi there! I'm here to make some comments in order to help get this application approved!  :D

First things first, I'm not sure that we would ever hear of a pony named Virginia Dare. It sounds very human. As the Character Biography Form says, "Please make sure that when making a pony, the name sounds as if it would casually be said by a character in show. If it sounds funny, it probably won't fit into the Roleplay world. Ponies are not named George or Martha, they are named Twilight Sparkle or Pinkie Pie or Rarity. See the difference?"

I'm just not sure that Virginia, as a name, is going to work. Do you think you could think of another one?

I knew it! Haha 

Okay, the name actually came from well...I was sitting in my college history class and I wasn't really  paying attention and I heard my teacher say the words "Virginia" and "Dare" in the same sentence. And well my first thought was Daring Do since she said "Dare". So I just used the first word Virginia and when I posted the application I was just sitting their thinking...that name isn't going to work. 

So I changed the name..hope it's better :D

Got rid of that abnormal sentence and changed her career to Cartographer! I actually forgot Cartographer was what I was looking for for her career. Thank you! :D

I now await to see if anything needs to be changed. :)

#4 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Ah! Cloud Flicker! That is an excellent name, Flippy  :D

It looks good to me now. I'll move this to pending.

#5 Hurricane

Hurricane

Big Wing Pegasus

• Roleplayer
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

If she even gets NEAR any of my stormclouds I will flick her!

StampApproved.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pegasus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users