Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
Rules

Should the FiM comics be canon?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the FiM comics be canon? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the FiM comics be Land of Equestria Roleplay canon?

1. Yay (18 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

2. Neigh (7 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

A Gentlepony and a Scholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Let's all just take a moment, cry our eyes out, and say that that third sister is Berryblue Pie.  D

Though it is a wonderfully emotional video I say no.

#22 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1983 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Though it is a wonderfully emotional video I say no.

I was joking, grumpypants! σ_ô We'll never know until things is confirmed....

And way to keep an open mind about it! Yeesh.  :P

#23 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

I was joking, grumpypants! σ_ô We'll never know until things is confirmed....

And way to keep an open mind about it! Yeesh.  :P

If the writers can't outright state Applejack's parents are dead and use falling stars... they're not going to have a family member that died of cancer.

#24 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

If the writers can't outright state Applejack's parents are dead and use falling stars... they're not going to have a family member that died of cancer.

1.JPG

Word of Sibsy.

#25 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

Word of Sibsy.

Like I said, using shooting stars to show Applejack's parents are dead without actually stating it in the show.

#26 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Like I said, using shooting stars to show Applejack's parents are dead without actually stating it in the show.

Well... It's obviously heavily hinted at, but I understand that it's not wholly concrete. If not dead, then what would be a logical explanation for the ordeal?

#27 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well... It's obviously heavily hinted at, but I understand that it's not wholly concrete. If not dead, then what would be a logical explanation for the ordeal?

... I'm not sure you're understanding me. I believe it is clear Applejack's parents are dead and that the falling stars are saying as much... but it has never been outright stated, so as to remain ambiguous to children.

#28 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

... I'm not sure you're understanding me. I believe it is clear Applejack's parents are dead and that the falling stars are saying as much... but it has never been outright stated, so as to remain ambiguous to children.

Oh, my bad.  :P

I was getting my debate pants on.

#29 EquestrianScholar

EquestrianScholar

• Co-Administrator
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Donator

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Oh, my bad. :P

I was getting my debate pants on.

My point was that if the writers cannot outright state Applejack's parents are dead then I find it extremely doubtful they would ever show a family member dying of cancer or even consider bring it in.

Thus while the fan comic is well made and emotional I can't consider it as canon or allow it as an explaination on where Pinkie's third sister is revealed in the offical MLP comic and now Pinkie Pride but not Cutiemark Chronicles

#30 Eclipse

Eclipse

Canterlot High Society

• 524 posts
  • LocationThe Dirty South

Donator

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

On this subject, I say: Why the heck not?

The comics have their own take on certain things. They provide large and expansive worlds and add plenty of cool locations and creatures. Adding them as part of White-Tail's canon would help distinguish use from other organized MLP sites. We'd have to fine tooth certain aspects, but that would just allow us to have richer, more unique lore and more RP options.

#31 Rainbow_Dash

Rainbow_Dash

Resident Rainbow Dash

• Roleplayer
  • 784 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

I posted before but now that I actually read the comics (well most of them, apparently I'm like 3 issues behind in the main series) I'm having second thoughts... mainly I dont know if the content really falls into the "family friendly" rating of the site... Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the comics, I'll never forget the hilarious scene where Filly-Twilight asks Cadence if she came prepared to 'study' on Shining armor with appropriate notecards and college-ruled paper... but some of the other stuff... what happened with crysalis and also with the pirates... some of that was kidna pushing the limits... (not to mention the fact that I'm told the ponies (well dash) are swearing now and only the faintest attempts at censorship are being made...) 

As I said, awesome stuff and would love to see it canonized (both in the show and on the site) but kinda questioning if it's appropriate...

#32 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

I posted before but now that I actually read the comics (well most of them, apparently I'm like 3 issues behind in the main series) I'm having second thoughts... mainly I dont know if the content really falls into the "family friendly" rating of the site... 

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

You're saying that the official My Little Pony franchise has content that could possibly exceed the one of our My Little Pony role-playing site? wut.

Can you show me (in the best way you can) some examples of this? XD

#33 Rainbow_Dash

Rainbow_Dash

Resident Rainbow Dash

• Roleplayer
  • 784 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

You're saying that the official My Little Pony franchise has content that could possibly exceed the one of our My Little Pony role-playing site? wut.

Can you show me (in the best way you can) some examples of this? XD

Violence, off-screen death where you see the blood splatter, ponies wielding weapons and fighting with the intent to KILL each other... The comics are way more mature than the TV show, I do not believe the comics are actually "G" rated, I think they're unrated and they are just semi-sorts sticking to being kinda-sorta kid-friendly and they're not worrying too much about it...

#34 Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost

Equestrian

• Roleplayer
  • 361 posts
  • LocationCamp Flog Gnaw

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:11 AM

Violence, off-screen death where you see the blood splatter, ponies wielding weapons and fighting with the intent to KILL each other... The comics are way more mature than the TV show, I do not believe the comics are actually "G" rated, I think they're unrated and they are just semi-sorts sticking to being kinda-sorta kid-friendly and they're not worrying too much about it...

Oh yeah! That'll make sense, because little kids can't read fluently. XD

Now excuse me while I go READ THESE COMICS NOW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users