Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums, and join our Roleplays or upload your own art to the gallery or just chat with our members.
We are looking forward to get to know you!

Photo
The Theater

Auditions for the Pageant! [OPEN]

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

rt1852.jpg

Final Cut stared skeptically at all the ponies before him who were hoping to make the cut... no pun intended. The yearly Hearths Warming Eve pageant was a big event, and Final Cut was honored with being in charge of it this year. After all, his albums had shown a lot of intense creative ability.

"Alright, mates!"

He shouted, quieting the room of excitable ponies.

"This is how this whole thing is goin' to work. One by one, you'll come up and present your monologue, and tell me which charactah you'd like t' play. I'll put a score down on my clipboard that you may not see. If you rank highly overall, I'll find a charactah for you t' play. That may be a lead role, but it may be just a background character. The role you receive is the role you receive. Everypony undahstand?"

He stared at the crowd. Some ponies looked confident, others nervous, but most were just excited to be auditioning at all. He posted the list of main characters on a projector screen then, eager to get this show on the road.

LEAD ROLES

• Narrator
  • Chancellor Puddinghead
  • Commander Hurricane
  • Princess Platinum
  • Clover the Clever
  • Private Pansy
  • Smart Cookie

#2 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle, ruling my little ponies...

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

0jk1.png

Tundra bit her lip nervously as she eyed the theater. She had heard tell that last year a dragon had been the narrator of the Hearth's Warming Eve pageant, and had gotten way too excited about it and made her way halfway across the country without thinking about it....now that she was actually here....

She gulped hard, audibly, as a bustle of ponies went by through the snow outside. She wasn't cold, but wore a scarf anyway. Somehow it made her feel more...'normal.' 

She yelped a bit as she was jostled forward, and without much awareness, she had joined a crowd of shivering ponies as they entered the near-empty auditorium, and she stumbled forward just in time to hear the stallion's shouts for auditions. She had a time-worn, years old script for the Hearth's Warming Eve Pageant, and had recited it numerous  times at home, in front of her icy reflection. But now...with the real thing in front of her, all she could do was shiver--and it certainly wasn't from the cold--she was an ice dragon, after all. 

A pony walked past her and a breeze swept in, the cold air relaxing her. She sighed and managed to move forward through the aisle, trying to find a seat before she drew too much attention to herself. 

#3 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

rt1852.jpg

Final Cut scanned the crowd one last time, seeing a dragon walk into the room. A dragon, eh? He got a bit excited. He thought dragons were fascinating, and last year a dragon had been a narrator for the play. He'd done a great job. Perhaps this dragon could do well too. He squinted, and read her name tag. Sure enough her name was on his roster.

"Tundra!"

He called out, and waited for the dragon to come forward.

#4 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Tundra froze the moment her name was called-yelping a bit as the short fur that lined her spine stood on end, as well as the fluff around her neck. She looked around, hoping perhaps she shared a name with someone else. She could feel her face heating up and she buried her nose into the script, positively shaking with nerves as she stumbled forward towards the director pony.

"P-p-p-p-p-p-p-" She shut herself up quickly as she attempted to say a simple 'present', embarrassing herself even more. She bit her lip and willed herself to breathe, but she kept shaking, and without thinking, when she exhaled onto the script she had buried her face in, fragments of ice covered it and the script froze solid. She realized it happened and jolted her claw forward, sending the ice-chunk old script flying, smashing into Final Cut's noggin' in its flight to a final clatter on the ground.

"....Present," She sighed out, her tone depressed, she bowed down a little bit as she whimpered, "I am so so so so sorry, Mr. Director pony, sir...."

#5 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

rt1852.jpg

Final Cut observed as Tundra made her way forward, clearly very nervous. This was no good! He was very displeased. She'd had such potential. Perhaps, he hoped, she was one of those kinds who really blossomed onstage but was quite boring in real life. He wondered what role she wished to play.

Suddenly, a chunk of ice quickly smacked him in the face, then fell to the ground. It was freezing cold, and he jumped in his chair. He calmed himself down, trying very hard to be patient, for he knew it was an accident. Ice dragons could hardly keep a lid on their abilities. Still, it was so cold, and he shivered.

"What role would you like t' play?"

He barked, but tried not to.

#6 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

"Oh...well...I know I can not be a pony...." She responded as she clambered up the stairs and onto the stage, "So...the narrator...?"

She smiled wide and took a deep breath, exhaling it slowly and moving her claws down to her sides, straightening up, she closed her eyes, trying to imagine the stirring performance she had given her reflection just hours ago. BE that dragon, she willed herself, YOU ARE that dragon!

She opened her eyes, a calm, but determined, expression on her face, "Let me know when start."

#7 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

rt1852.jpg

The director pondered. He was in need of actors, and didn't want to discriminate her because she was a dragon. After all, with the right makeup and acting she could really be anything. He was eager to see her read, hopefully she would surprise him with skill to behold.

"Begin."

He ordered, and reclined comfortably in his chair.

#8 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Tundra took one last deep breath, and again simply envisioned her mirror before her, rather than the auditorium and director. She read flawlessly through the opening narration of the pageant, her words similar to what Spike's had been the previous year, but altered here and there. There was a bit more 'hath' and 'thou' than a current script would have, but nevertheless, she ran through it crystal clear and without a single stutter, nor none of her mixed up grammar that she spoke with normally.

She stopped and bowed out, as the script dictated, as though she were giving way to the ponies who would play the leads. She waited a moment after bowing before standing again and facing the director with a wide grin, her wings unfolding and refolding nervously. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do now. A couple of ponies in the auditorium clopped their hooves together politely.

She turned to the director and nodded ever so slightly before shuffling over to the stairs and scampering down, tripping as she reached the bottom and landing flat on her face. She pushed herself up, despite this, her nose now a pale cherry red from the impact. She smiled again at the director and scampered to a seat, to nervous to do much else. 

#9 SonicRainboomGirl

SonicRainboomGirl

AM I STILL ILL?

• Co-Administrator
  • 1293 posts
  • LocationMaudlin Street

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

rt1852.jpg

Final Cut was quite impressed! Sure, the dragon was clumsy and nervous in real life. However, that didn't matter. Onstage she was quite excellent. Beside her name he marked a 7, which is how he viewed her over all audition, and hoped she'd be a shoe-in for the narrator. However, Tundra could face opposition.

Now, who was next?

#10 knight

knight

The QUEEN

• Co-Administrator
  • 1954 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

[[Did I win? XD]]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Theater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users